P7 / MC-E Drop In Wolf Eyes M90 Rattlesnake

Hammer Train

Banned
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a P7 or MC-E drop-in for this light that uses the D36 sized drop-in?
Thanks...

Hammer Train

Banned
Thanks for your help. Anyone know of something that would work and costs less than this one?! 160 dollars seems a little steep to me! I could mod i suppose. Any ideas?

Jauno

Newly Enlightened

B'hamFAL

Newly Enlightened
I just got one from PTS for my rattlesnake-13v to replace the m100 head on my weapon light. Be forewarned if you have an older m90-13v body the new head won't fit. The battery's also have to be flipped to + end forward if you've got an old light. Combining that with the missing incan filament means your old tailcap charger won't work. Probably not an issue for most but worth mentioning. That being said the light is nice and bright. It is still 'floody' but manages a bit of throw. Not as good as the m100 head throw wise IMHO but more light. Unfortunately it has the same UI as the p7 sniper - it cycles from high to med to low if you flash the light quickly. This is a problem 'cause I do cycle the light on/off quite often when I have to drag the AR out of the car. There's also a 'hidden' SOS/strobe mode which is equally useless to me. I wish it just had a simple on/off without the modes.

I've also noticed some PWM flicker with fresh batt's. I'll have to keep an eye on it and report back. BTW Did I mention there's a lot of light?

For searching, walking, or anything other than a rifle light I think the thing is better than the m90 or m100 head. When all is said and done though I think I'll end up making a holder to put an 1185 into the m100 head for the rifle. I think that'll fill my light and throw desires better than the P7.

Also got a eagletac t10l in the order. This thing rocks. Just a bit bigger than the E1b (which I find too small anyway) but with gobs more light, decent runtimes, a cheaper price, and 18650 batt's. What's not too like?

Hammer Train

Banned
Thanks for the info... It's a shame that no-one else manufactures D36 sized drop-ins, I'm sure there are a few of us who would like to see an option under $100!!