e2e clip vs e2e outdoorsman clip

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
What are the pros & cons of the different clip? I am ready to order e2e but I think I like the longer clip better. Your input is appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Well, I bought an e2e and couldn't stand the short clip that came with it. It always felt like it was going to fall off my belt, especially if I canted the light.

I just called SF and orded the clip from the e2eo. I can't remember how much it cost, but it was cheap. I like the long one a whole lot better. Fits perfectly, and offers much better retention.

Some people on the board were able to get the clip for free from SF, but ymmv.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The short PocketClip is a PocketClip - for clipping the E2e inside your trouser pocket. I agree it doesn't make a good clip for a belt.

It's good that you have the option to change the clip for one that suits your method of carry.

Al

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. Do most sf dealers carry the clip or is this something that needs to come from sf directly?

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is highly likely that a dealer will not carry stock - your best bet is to call 800 828 8809 as ask SureFire Customer Service.

Al

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting.

So, let me get this straight. Unless TKL or Wylie invites me over to yank large mouth out of the drink, I really don't need 25 lumens. It is cheaper to get an E2E plus E2O big clip than an E2O with MN03? ...and an E20 can only drive an LS when it falls asleep and dreams about it?

SUREFARC

Enlightened
The shorter one looks bad but is stronger and the longer one looks nice but is weaker. I think I want a Ti clip.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you can, ask surefire for the older long belt clip that does not have the lanyard attachment point. i got a C2 with the older clip, and after getting the newer clip i changed it back to the old one because the older clip had a lot more tension which made it much more secure.

when i had an E2e, i never used the clip because it as too short and stiff to be of any use, even when clipping it to pockets. with the newer long clip, its a little too loose so get the old belt clip if you can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The clips vary in stiffness from clip to clip. Some subtle bending can improve the stiffness if needed.

The attachment point allows people to make their own clips. Why not ask a custom knife maker to make you a Ti Clip?

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al: it appears as if the newer clips were designed to be less stiff...when i installed the new clip, i merely had to use my thumb to press down on the bend whilst pushing it into the slot, whereas for the older clip i had to use a screwdriver to flex the bracket on the clip before i could push it in. i have two of the newer clips, and they are identitcal in tension (or lack of). when removed, the old clip is actually flat but becomes curved after it is installed because of the tension /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

picture of my C2:
fc32177f.jpg

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
possible....but i've clipped the C2 on everything from jeans pockets, files, belts, and the clip has been holding up fine whilst doing a great job.

it seems like the new clip was designed with the addition of the lanyard attachment point in mind. as for the shape, i suspect they changed the shape of the clip near the bend so that whatever the light is being clipped to can be inserted into the bend as well. with my C2, whatever i clip it on gets stopped at at the base of the attachment point due to the shape of the clip. i have to admit the newer clip does look better too, so aesthetics might have also been one of the considerations.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely like the longer clip better on the E2e. I ended up swapping the short clip on my E2e with the long clip from my D2. Much more functional now. I think Surefire should levae the shorty clips on the E1e only, and keep the longer clips on all their 2 and 3 cell flashlights (that come with a clip)

-Keith

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Keith,

Perhaps it would be better if they just included a long clip in each E2e box?

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the longer clip should be installed on both the E2e and E2o by default /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif