EagleTac T10L or JetBeam Jet IIIM?

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Howdy folks,

I'm new to this forum, but my curiosity has been piqued.

I am currently an owner of two Poly Stingers, a SureFire P6 with a SolarForce CREE Q5 LED drop-in, and a Fenix TK11.

So here's my dilemma: Which new torch should I purchase...and why?

I have my sights set on both the JETBeam Jet-III M, as well as the EagleTac T10L. I would like to taste both of them, but I only have the budget for one light right now, as the wifey-poo gave me the OK to also purchase myself a new toy for Christmas. (NIGHTHAWK PREDATOR, 10MM). :thumbsup:

I have been reading "mucho mucho" posts on this site, and I am torn between the latter two torches.

I am going to be using 18650 batteries, and would like a cool, sharp, light. (I prefer the cold, icy, look - rather than the warmer, yellow, look...which knocked the Olight M20 Warrior out of the picture). I would also like good burn time at the highest setting, as well as the brightest light.

From what I have read, it looks like the EagleTac T10L will fit the bill. But I also see some pretty good things in the JETBeam Jet-III M as well.

Oh yea...and they're both in about the same price range. (Which was also another factor for bumping-out the Olight M20 Warrior).

I am an avid hunter and shooter, and will also be using the torch pretty regularly.

I was also curious about the lumens. Would there be a noticeable difference between 255 lumens and 225 lumens? I would assume that in the spotlight mode (at greater distances) it would really show.

Anyhoo...feedback would help to sway me in one direction over the other.

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many different posts comparing all the different models of EagleTac and JETBeam torches, that I cannot keep up with what is what? Lumens, modes, UI's, power consumption, etc, etc...

In closing...I've found this to be a pretty cool forum. I have a new 4D Maglite laying around, and from browsing around this forum, I am now tempted to do some mods to it. I think a few CREE Q5 LED's added to it would be kinda cool to see. (Yes...I have the MagLite mod's link saved).)

Thanks folks.

In Christ: Raymond

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll see the difference because Jet-III M is not regulated with 18650. Brightness drops gradually. I'd recommend Jetbeam Jet-III Pro instead of M.
About Jet-III Pro and T10L. Both have similar size, T10L is slightly brighter and runs longer (about 20-30 minutes). It's also $15 cheaper. Jet is very little less bright but has more focused beam and throws better. I like IBS UI with three fully adjustable modes (2-225lm), T10L has two modes - high (255lm) and medium (60lm). I won't call it low - it's too bright.

concept0

Enlightened
Good thing about Jet IIIM is that you can now get it with 5A (warm tint) emitter and hybrid reflector...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I bought both lights and I decided to keep the Jet-III-M (warm tint version), the other went on B/S/T. I kept it because I liked the warm tint. If you're going to use the light outsize a lot I think you'll appreciate the warm tint. To me it shows a lot more detail outdoors with natural material.

HOWEVER; you said you like COLD, and you already have a TK11, so I'm not sure what you're really hoping will be different with your new light. The lumen output difference is not going to be significant enough.

The EagleTac will be colder than the TK11, but the beams are different too and outdoors I prefered the TK11, but others prefer the T10L.

I think a bit more information on what you expect from the new light is needed.

insanefred

Enlightened
Well I bought both lights and I decided to keep the Jet-III-M (warm tint version), the other went on B/S/T. I kept it because I liked the warm tint. If you're going to use the light outsize a lot I think you'll appreciate the warm tint. To me it shows a lot more detail outdoors with natural material.

HOWEVER; you said you like COLD, and you already have a TK11, so I'm not sure what you're really hoping will be different with your new light. The lumen output difference is not going to be significant enough.

The EagleTac will be colder than the TK11, but the beams are different too and outdoors I prefered the TK11, but others prefer the T10L.

I think a bit more information on what you expect from the new light is needed.

Yep, you will be hard to tell much of a difference between what you decide and the tk11.

I agree about the warm tint. It's like night and day for outdoors (remember it's not incandescent warm but warm (3700-4200K vs 2500-3200K).
I was testing a very well centered husky 200 lumen 2 D cell last night at my local park. The husky was brighter than my TK20 (not really, but throw further). However, the warmer tint revealed SO MUCH MORE DETAIL.

concept0

Enlightened
Okay, that settles it. I'm definately asking for a warm tinted light for X-mas. I already have a TK11 and the new Regalight EDC, so I'm ready for something completely different...

I like everything about the Jet III-M except for the lack of the third brightness setting. I still have no light with a usable low-med-high. Technically the Regalight can go to any brightness, but good luck figuring out how :whistle:

I keep checking the forums for somebody to release a hack like for the novatac 120 that will open up a secret 3-level mode on the Jet III-M...

Toaster

Enlightened
The Eagletac T10L makes more sense for you. Unlike the Jet-III M it is flat regulated on 18650s so it maintains a constant output level. Second the T10L has much more of a flood beam profile which would complement your TK11 which is more throw oriented.

And just in case you are confused about the matter. Your TK11 will throw about 28% farther than the T10L despite the fact the latter puts out more lumens. That's due to difference in reflector design between the two lights. The Jet-III M will also throw farther than the T10L, coming quite close to the TK11. So the T10L will be dimmer at long distances despite the fact that it puts out more lumens.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you say the T10L has a floodier beam, like a Fenix P3D, perhaps? Any other comparison would be appreciated.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T10L is definetly floodier than the TK11. Unfortunately I don't have mine any longer so I can't do a quick side by side with the P3D, but from memory (I didn't have the T10L long) I would say it was floodier, the beam is certainly a smoother transition which gives the appearance of more flood even if the total diameter of the flood is not larger. From memory though I'd say the total flood area was larger. I don't know why I didn't compare the two side by side when I had it. I guess I had it stuck in my brain that it was an 18650 light, but based on physical size it would have made sense.

Just played with the P3D as I moved it to the warmer winter coat (first snow today). ?amn fine light!

Last edited:

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmmm...

after mucho thought, I've decided on the EagleTac T10L.

The JETBeam Jet-III M was very attractive, but after weighing it all out, I think I'll be happier with the EagleTac T10L. (The JETBeam may not be too far away, though). :grin2:

I was sold on the 18650 batteries, the lumen power, the color of the light, the simplicity of two modes, the fact that it comes in black, and the name behind the product - EagleTac.

And now the main question...who is selling them at a good price?

Everyone is offering free shipping. But is anyone also offering a CPF discount?

Thanks again, folks.

Kudos! :thumbsup:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmmm...

after mucho thought, I've decided on the EagleTac T10L.

The JETBeam Jet-III M was very attractive, but after weighing it all out, I think I'll be happier with the EagleTac T10L. (The JETBeam may not be too far away, though). :grin2:

I was sold on the 18650 batteries, the lumen power, the color of the light, the simplicity of two modes, the fact that it comes in black, and the name behind the product - EagleTac.

And now the main question...who is selling them at a good price?

Everyone is offering free shipping. But is anyone also offering a CPF discount?

Thanks again, folks.

Kudos! :thumbsup:

Here it is:
https://www.eagletac-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=103&products_id=612

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

I just ordered the EagleTac T10L from the EagleTac Store. (Which actually showed "Fenix-Store.com" on the PayPal receipt I printed).

Anyhoo...I used discount code "CPF8" and got a $5.48 discount - for a grand total of $63.02, shipped to my door Priority Mail.

OK, that's it. No more toys for me...for now. My wifey-poo may come in, see what I did, and force me to go shopping with her to "balance things out". Ha ha ha.

Thanks again.

Last edited: