Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 3SM smooth reflector

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • 3SM op reflector

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
Im going to buy the Dereelight DBS V2 and im only going to use cr123's in it.I want the furthest throw and i need you guys help.I need to know witch one to get.So im doing a poll.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the single stage (1SM-2) and (3SM) can use regular 123 primaries. If you want multi stages, get the 3SM. Other DBSs use 18650s. The new MC-E model can use primaries also, I believe. The MC-E is not the thrower like the others, but gives a good wall of light.

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im going to buy the Dereelight DBS V2 and im only going to use cr123's in it.I want the furthest throw and i need you guys help.I need to know witch one to get.So im doing a poll.

My DBS has the 1 speed pill and I have both the OP & the smooth reflector. I only use CR123's in this light. Most who have the 3 level pill say they only use the high mode. I only get this beast out when I need max throw - which is hardly ever!!! I would never EDC this light so I personally don't need low modes.

James...

P.S. I have never ever used the OP reflector - beam smoothness doesn't mean a lot with long distance throw style lights. You would only notice this up close and you wouldn't use such a powerful, intense style light indoors!!!! :D

P.M Sent.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
THere is now a USA dealer for Dereelight who can give you the right answer. Look under the dealer section for FLashcrazy.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did someone call? :grin2:

Yep, your two choices are the 1SM-2 and the 3SM. The 3SM delivers more current (1.2 amp) to the LED than the 1SM-2 (1.0 amp), so it will be a bit brighter, albeit with a corresponding shorter runtime.

So, if you want 3 output levels, you're in luck because that's the 3SM.. the brighter one. If you really only want one level, you'll have to give up a tad of brightness. Will you really notice it?...nope..unless you have the eyes of a lux meter. :D The 1SM-2 also gives you the flexibility of using an 18650.