Help me choose a warm drop-in for my G2L!

concept0

Enlightened
I got a good deal on a complete SF G2L without a lamp. It has the aluminum bezel for heat distribution.

Anyway, I want a warm (5A-Q3) drop-in for my new light and I'm torn between the Dereelight 3SM (OP) and the Malkoff W60/W60F.

I like the idea of a somewhat floody beam, but I'd like at least a little throw. I'd also like a decent low setting. The Malkoff W60F looks nice, but is it worth the $25-$30 higher price over the Dereelight? (on a side note, is there a cheaper place than the website to get Malkoff dropins?)

Anybody want to weigh in on which of the above P60 dropins you prefer? Feel free to suggest others, but I want to use 2xCR123.

Thanks!

concept0

Enlightened
It doesn't seem to matter, the M60W, M60WL, or M60WF are all out of stock at malcoffdevices.com. :mecry:

concept0

Enlightened
Do the Malcoffs only have a single level of output? I don't see any information about changing the light level in the product descriptions...

If so, I'd definately only want the M60WL with the lower output level. But that's not even listed on the site.

kraz

Newly Enlightened
Do the Malcoffs only have a single level of output? I don't see any information about changing the light level in the product descriptions...

If so, I'd definately only want the M60WL with the lower output level. But that's not even listed on the site.

Yes, the Malkoff drop ins are single level.

Call or email Gene and Cathy and they will find a way to take care of you.:thumbsup:

Last edited: