Holster for Surefire 9P with Z49?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a holster for Surefire 9P with the Z49 tailcap which is bigger than the Z41 that it comes with.

(I saw a thread on it somewhere but cannot find it)

Z49_1.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rip-offs makes a holster that will fit I am pretty sure. It MAY be the model BL-94, but probably another model. A place called FILMTOOLS (Google it) sells their holsters at a good price, that is where I bought mine. If that model doesn't fit, they also make another holster that fits the L7 well. That one should fit because the L7 is a little longer.

Back story: I bought two holsters for my Surefire C3, not sure which one would be too long. I end up keeping the BL-94 because it fit my C3 perfectly. The other was a little too long, I ended up selling it to a nice chap in England who needed it for his L7. When he got it, he PM'd me that it fit perfectly. I'm not sure which model THAT one was, but you could probably find it by searching my sales threads on CPF Marketplace.

Anyways the reason why I think it would fit the 9P with Z49 was because I searched very hard for a holster that would fit the C3 with its wider grip ring, and finally the BL-94 did fit. But it might be too short, since the Z49 adds a little bit of length.

I just looked and found the package for the BL-94 holster, but I was not able to find the ACTUAL holster, it was not in the drawer I thought it would be in, I will have to look around some more tomorrow and get back to you. I know it's around here somewhere.

I'm not saying the L7 fitting model I bought and sold will fit FOR SURE, but I think there's a very good chance. I suspect the BL-94 will be a little bit short.

One word of caution: I don't think the holster listed on Rip-off's website that is advertised as being for the L7 is the same one I purchased and sold that did fit the Surefire L7 of the guy in England.

But it could be, it was a while ago and my memory is foggy. I will look into this further.

One thing about Surefire that bugs me more than anything is their poor selection of holsters for certain models or configurations.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
first of all what kind of holster do you want? Something that is belt worn? Something made of ballistic nylon webbing?

Or something more techy? I always like the Blackhawk Mod-U-Lock holster.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201866

Or you could buy the Surefire V85 holster. I truly recommend getting the Blackhawk Serpa paddle and mount the holster to the paddle. then you can slip the paddle over your pants/shorts and not need to wear a belt. Very comfortable and looks cool too!!! haha

like so. . .
bhpaddlelightholsterac0.jpg

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
how long is the extra tailcap length compared to a reular one.

A solution is the maxpedition 5" holster that fits the 9 series. See how the flap works. I have one and can measure how much purchase you willl have with your flaslight in.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something conventional, leather or nylon maybe. Something similar to RipOfs BL-94 but accomodating the larger (1.25" vs 1"?) tailcap.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thinking, the Surefire V40 holster may work since it says it will fit the L7.

*edit*
Nevermind, I was thinking the L7 had a grip ring, but I remembered it does not.

I found the model of holster I sold:
http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co31/co31.html

I believe the CO-94 and BL-94 are essentially the same holster, just different belt attachments. One uses a belt loop, the other a clip. I prefer the belt loop personally. I would say compare the specs of the different holsters here http://www.ripoffs.com/flashtable.htm and get one that is about 1/2" to 1 inch longer than the model 94.

And make sure it says it will fit a light with a grip ring, such as the C3/9Z/Z3 ect. so that you know it is wide enough for the Z49

However if I recall correctly the CO-31 claimed it would fit a C3, but it was not wide enough. I could be remembering wrong though.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get BL-94 if I could, but it's not going to fit Surefire with Z49 tailcap. If it doesn't it will be real tight.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
how long is the extra tailcap length compared to a reular one.

A solution is the maxpedition 5" holster that fits the 9 series. See how the flap works. I have one and can measure how much purchase you willl have with your flaslight in.

I had one of those, I really hated that holster. No protection for the body and I wasn't overly confident in the retention method.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get BL-94 if I could, but it's not going to fit Surefire with Z49 tailcap. If it doesn't it will be real tight.

You're right it ain't gonna fit, like I mentioned get something longer. My C3 with standard twisty tailcap fits in mine perfect, but if I had the longer Z48, the velcro flap would barely reach over the head.

Last edited: