SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:P2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **LIGHTS ADDED**

The Sun

Enlightened
**********PIC HEAVY**********

**********ADDED AEON R2, TI NAUTILUS R2, TI BITZ, AND LF3XT, INDOOR BEAMSHOTS UP**********

**********ALL NEW INDIVIDUAL LIGHT PICS ARE UP**********
For clrification, the name of the small Muyshondt light is the Aeon. The technical name of the light is not "CR2 Aeon." the CR2 was only added to clarify the battery cell configuration fo that particular light in this roundup. It is not to be confused with the "CR2 Ion" or any other "CR2" light.

As stated, this will be a roundup comparison between the Fenix P2D Rebel Premium 100, Dereelight C2H Q5 4SD RU, NovaTac EDC 120P, ITP C9, Nitecore Extreme, Nitecore Defender Infinity, Jetbeam Jet II Pro I.B.S., EagleTac T10C, Surefire E1L Outdoorsman, Surefire E1B Backup, and Surefire L1 Digital Lumamax (newest version 65/10lm's). The NovaTac 120P is not pictured in the group shots because it's my EDC and I forgot it was in my pocket:ohgeez::whistle:. This roundup will be a work in progress for the next day or two, so please bear with me. All the individual light pic's are taken, along with the indoor beamshots (which will be up A.S.A.P.), but the outdoor shots will be taken tomorrow evening. It's a lot of light, and just as much cutting/pasting. I'll have it completed as quickly as possible. Again, if anyone has any special requests please feel free to ask!!!:thumbsup: This roundup is about getting as much info. as you can!!!:twothumbs.

I've carried all of these lights at one point or another, some more than others so please excuse the dust/pocket lint. The Nova is fresh outta the pocket so it may have a little more than the rest:D. I did that on purpose though, I have a few other Nova's that never get used, but I thought it appropriate to include the one that gets play everyday (by the bay, eating hay, it just may:ohgeez::D).​

GROUP SHOT
GROUP.jpg

GROUP1.jpg
GROUP2.jpg

FENIX P2D REBEL PREMIUM 100
P2D5.jpg
P2D6.jpg

P2D1.jpg
P2D3.jpg

P2D2.jpg
P2D4.jpg

The Fenix P2D RB 100 Premium is a great light IMO. Fit and Finsh is top-notch, and the thread are extremely smooth. The total output for this light is outstanding for it's stated 100lm's, and the beam tint/pattern is wonderful. The only drawbacks to this light in my personal experience with it would have to be the notorious "Fenix off-center enitter," the absence of a forward clicky, and grip. I can't find anything else to complain about. I love the UI (even the strobe/SOS features, they have both come in handy many times), and the smooth transition from hotspot to spill. This light does what it is designed to do; be simplistic, have usable light levels, and be small enough to go where no light has gone before!

DEREELIGHT C2H Q5 RU 4SD
C2H1.jpg
C2H2.jpg

C2H3.jpg
C2H9.jpg

C2H6.jpg
C2H5.jpg

C2H4.jpg
C2H7.jpg

The C2H should be the Websters Dictionary definition of "pocket thrower." It is in fact, truely pocketable!!! about the same size as the P2D (a little thinner), as well as the EX10, but with about twice the total output. It employs a very simple ramp up (from lowest to highest), or ramp down (highest to lowest) half-press UI to cycle through the brightness levels. The non-strobe/SOS users will love the fact that the C2H is all light, no fluff. The only thing IMO i would like to see in the UI/LE would be a user programable variable brightness level on just one of the four modes with an ultra-low setting. Then, I think it would be the perfect little light.

As seen in the pic's here (indoor, and outdoor) the beam is very pleasent with the OP reflector installed. With the SMO reflector installed the "rings" are more detectable (again not in actual use), but not to the point of squeamishness. And, what you sacrifice in beam quality, you gain in throw. This thing can throw!!! Before now, the only single cell light capable of this kind of distance was the Jet II (original, or Pro models). Not even the NEX could "take it out there" like the Jet. Now we are fortunate enough to have two competitors that will "put it out" as good if not better than the Jetbeam; the C2H (Q5, or R2), and the EagleTac T10C. If "pocket rocket-ing," "wow your friends" throw is what you're searching for, look no furthe than these two!!!!

NOVATAC EDC 120P
120P1.jpg
120P3.jpg

120P4.jpg
120P6.jpg

120P8.jpg
120P7.jpg

The NovaTac 120P. Bomb-proof, beautiful, perfect, these are some of the words I have used in the past to describe this light. Of course opinions are like...(you know how it goes), but I find it hard to put this thing away. This light started it's life with me as just another shelf queen that I would get to eventually, sharing it's dust collecting duty with a number of other lights that "I just had to have," when i could have just bought a bottle of Pledge. But, when that day came, oh so long ago, I never looked back. This light has stolen more pocket time than any other light I own. The true definition of "versatility" as far as I'm concerned. It has brought more light to dark places than all the GE 60W light bulbs in my home combined (mainly because it is with me everywhere I go). I don't love it because it's bright, or just bright enough, or that I can let the kids play with it in the pool at night (or at all for that matter). I love it because, to me, this design, UI, beam pattern, tint, and the cosmetics of this particular model are perfection in my eyes. That Ra Clicky thats coming has some large shoes to fill!!!! Thanks Henry for you out-damn-standing engineering, and craftsmanship!!! This light gets "The Sun's out-damn-standing award" for quality, efficiency, and inspiring "light love" in it's proud owner's!!! hehehe!

ITP C9
C91.jpg
C92.jpg

C93.jpg
C95.jpg

C96.jpg
C97.jpg

The ITP C9, is another fabulous light. It possesses quite possibley my favortie UI of all time (to this point). So simple in fact, I didn't have to show my wife more than once how to operate it. While I'm not saying anything undesirable about my wife at all, I'm really just showing the fact that someone who is not "into lights," or has any desire to use said lights in any fashion other than what is intended of them, can pick this light up, and figure it out. Pick up, turn on, twist (ramp up), twist (ramp stops), twist again (ramp down), twist again (ramp stops), turn off, turn on (stays at the brightness setting you left it), half press from on (cycles through settings i.e. strobe, SOS, etc.). Easy!!! This light wound up being her EDC until she found my NDI ("it looks better," and she "can put swarovski crystals on it"). OH THE HUMILIATION that's in store for my poor NDI!!! I digress, I am happy to have the C9 back. The quality of the C9 is truly second-to-none from it's thick substantial threads, and its millimeters of lense, it's a tank.

The reason my wife liked the C9 so much was due to it's extremely tight hotspot which stays that way throughout it's throw. This was desireable to her because she could "spot" the kids, or the dog from a good distance and still see what was in her path while walking to them using the C9's large, bright flood (as seen in the outdoor shots, look at the street posts to the right). She also employed it's strobe function a healthy bit in low visibility situations such as, walking along the street at night in our dark neighborhood.

A point of intrest. The C9 is capable of swapping it's head with the rest of the ITP "C" series model line. So, you can have different battery configurations, body choices, and output. A good thing to know!!!

NITECORE EXTREME
NEX1.jpg
NEX2.jpg

NEX4.jpg
NEX6.jpg

Another great "pocket thrower." The EXTREME is just that, EXTREME everything. Spot, flood, you name it, it has it. Great UI (same as the NDI below), good beam pattern, and blinding output!!! I also like that, similar to the C9, T10C, and C2H it only has two pieces (why: one junction, less pieces!!). This aids in battery changes, and overall maintenance IMO.

The EXTEME's head is also Surefire "E" series compatible, which means you can put this head on any single cell Surefire body and retain all the lights features (I especially like it on the E1B body). Which, IMO gives the light that much more versatility.

NITECORE DEFENDER INFINITY
NDI5.jpg
NDI6.jpg

NDI1.jpg
NDI2.jpg

NDI3.jpg

The soon to be "light-napped," and "blinged" out by my wife NDI (see above) is a great utility light. While it still possess blinding output for a single cell AA light, it doesn't measure up (in the output department) with the other CR/RCR123 configured lights. Though this is not it's intended purpose. It's purpose is to be a programable, again versatile, common battery config. dynamo, and trust me when I say, it excels in that line of work!!!

Two things to look out for in all of the Nitecore lights.
1. DO NOT get lube on the threads of the light, it WILL, repeat WILL flake out the UI!!!! (this has not been a problem for me).
2. They give you more than one foreword clicky switch for a reason, don't think you will never need it...you will!!! Translation keep it handy, I have had to change the switch in my NDI twice.

JETBEAM JET II PRO I.B.S.
JET1.jpg
JET2.jpg

JET3.jpg
JET4.jpg

JET7.jpg
JET9.jpg

Ahhh...the Jetbeam Jet II Pro!!! I like this light a lot for getting the "WOW" factor from my friends. The build quality is excellent (great flat thread design), with only one concern; i wish they made the light a little more substantial. It has been used at home a few times for show, but very "gingerly," and with precaution. It will not be EDC'ed until they make a SS bezel ring for the "Pro" version. That being said, everything else about the light is awesome.

EAGLETAC T10C
T10C2.jpg
T10C3.jpg

T10C7.jpg
T10C5.jpg

T10C1.jpg
T10C6.jpg

EagleTac should have named this light after me; "The Sun." I know, I'm a dork, but so are you...flashaholic. hehehehe. If beautiful beams, and "sun burning" your friends is your thing than this is the light for you. If you own this light, then there is no good way you can justify having the T10C2, other than a little more brightness, and runtime (and, the mental condition we all share of course). It's just that bright. If I were going to use a light as intended, and didn't care about HA coming off, or cosmetics this would be the one. It's built "thick" enough to survive the apocalypse...really, and small enough to go anywhere. In fact I don't see any good reason not to buy this light. The extremely low price, for what you get is amazing. In both my roundup's it sounds like I'm bias toward these lights, but REALLY I'm not!!! Thay are just great products IMHO, and I'm giving credit, where credit is due!!!

SUREFIRE E1L OUTDOORSMAN
E1L3.jpg
E1L2.jpg

E1L4.jpg
E1L6.jpg

I'm not going to say anything about these Surefire's that you don't already know, so just look at the beamshots....unless you have any specific questions of course!!!!!

SUREFIRE E1B BACKUP
E1B11.jpg
E1B3.jpg

E1B4.jpg
E1B7.jpg

E1B9.jpg
E1B8.jpg

SUREFIRE L1 DIGITAL LUMAMAX
L11.jpg
L12.jpg

L13.jpg
L15.jpg

L17.jpg
L16.jpg

MUYSHONDT NAUTILUS TITANIUM R2, AND AEON R2
NA1.jpg
NA2.jpg

NA3.jpg
NA4.jpg

NA5.jpg
NA6.jpg

NA7.jpg
NA8.jpg

NA9.jpg
NA10.jpg

TITANIUM BITZ POCKET
BITZ1.jpg
BITZ2.jpg

BITZ3.jpg
BITZ4.jpg

BITZ5.jpg
BITZ6.jpg

BITZ7.jpg

LITEFLUX LF3 XT
LF3XT1.jpg
LF3XT2.jpg

LF3XT3.jpg
LF3XT4.jpg

LF3XT5.jpg
LF3XT6.jpg

LF3XT7.jpg
LF3XT8.jpg

The LF3 XT has replaced my 120P!!! This is my favorite production single cell light out right now!!!!! ...more to come very soon...

Ok, I'm going to start out by saying; I love this light!!! It is truly a fully programable light. If you don't like strobe, beacon, SOS, you can just program them out. If you do like them there are eight different strobe frequencies to choose from, all with individual customizable brightness settings. It has single and double blink beacon, and of course you can set the brightness, and speed of blink interval on that setting as well. Also, one of my favorites, "random strobe." And, BTW we are not talking "wennie" strobe, we're talking show me your lunch, warp speed Sulu strobe. One of the strobe settings is so fast it looks like PWM flicker!!! Not to mention five programmable user settings, and from any of those settings you can press and hold for 100% brightness, or 1xC, and PH for random strobe.

Also, the LF3 XT has last mode memory (witch you can also disable) so whatever user setting you turn it off in, it will come on in, also your momentary on will be in the last setting you turned off from.

Confused yet??? Hah!!! It really is quite simple to figure out. I briefly skimmed the user's manual when I got it because I had heard it was a complicated UI, but once you start playing with it, it's a breeze. I was fully programed in about fifteen minutes.

And, the last but not least (by any means) one more feature I want to mention is the........battery tester function!!!! All I have to say is LiteFlux come get your out-damn-standing award!!! The tester actually monitors the battery every 32ms, so when you 5xC it accurately tells you what your battery voltage is under load, and it is VERY accurate. Protected AW RCR's come off the charger at four blinks, pause, two blinks (4.2v), and AW IMR cells come off slightly higher (anything higher than 4.2v and the LF3 XT will blink four times, pause, then double blink very quickly, and the IMR's will charge to exactally 4.5v witch is the max rating for the LF3 XT). This thing is just as accurate as my high-dollar stand-alone battery tester!!!

Durability: It's a rock!!! One of the main reasons I carried the 120P was because it was rugged, and durable. Well, the LF3 XT has replaced the 120P in my pocket, so thats saying somethin'. Fit, finish, quality, etc. is on par, if not better than any of my NovaTac's.

Here's a quick, down and dirty summary for ya......I liked this thing so much I bought two, just so I would never be without one. It's my favorite production light (for now!!!) as I said before, and the bar LitFlux has set is real, real, high!!!

P2DB1.jpg
C2HB1.jpg

C9B1.jpg
NEXB1.jpg

NDIB1.jpg
JETB1.jpg

T10CB1.jpg
E1LB1.jpg

E1BB1.jpg
L1B1.jpg

P2DB2.jpg
C2HB2.jpg

C9B2.jpg
NEXB2.jpg

NDIB2.jpg
JETB2.jpg

T10CB2.jpg
E1LB2.jpg

E1BB2.jpg
L1B2.jpg

P2DB3.jpg
C2HB3.jpg

C9B3.jpg
NEXB3.jpg

NDIB3.jpg
JETB3.jpg

T10CB3.jpg
E1LB3.jpg

E1BB3.jpg
L1B3.jpg

100_5920.jpg
100_5924.jpg

100_5928.jpg
100_5932.jpg

100_5921.jpg
100_5925.jpg

100_5929.jpg
100_5933.jpg

100_5922.jpg
100_5926.jpg

100_5930.jpg
100_5934.jpg

**********OUTDOOR BEAMSHOTS 30-140FT. LOWEST OUTPUT/THROW TO HIGHEST**********

Lowest output to highest...IMO:D
NDI30.jpg
P2D30.jpg

E1L30.jpg
L130.jpg

E1B30.jpg
C930.jpg

JET30.jpg
NEX30.jpg

C2H30.jpg
T10C30.jpg

In order of lowest throw, to highest:

NDI140.jpg
P2D140.jpg

C9140.jpg
E1L140.jpg

L1140.jpg
E1B140.jpg

NEX140.jpg
JET140.jpg

C2H140.jpg
T10C140.jpg

...Sorry about the T10C 140ft. pic. The wind started blowing and the pic. came out blurry.......and once again I forgot the NT 120:ohgeez: still in my pocket:ohgeez::ohgeez:. I will get the shots of it tomorrow, i promise this time!!!

I decided to change the order of the pic's to better show the increase in output/throw. I have put them in order lowest to highest as explained above for this purpose.

There were some questions about the output of the L1, and E1B based on the indoor beamshots, and I think the confussion was tint. As we can see by the outdoor beamshots the E1B has more total output, and throw than the L1 but not by much!!! The E1L surprised me quite a bit as well.

**********STILL HAVE DESCRIPTIONS TO COME...STAY TUNED**********

Last edited:

The Sun

Enlightened
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP: P2DRB100, C2H Q5, 120P, C9, NEX, NDI, JET II, T10C, E1L, E1B

let me know if there's anything special, anybody wants so i can take the pic's when i do the outdoor beamshots!!!!:thumbsup:

The Sun

Enlightened
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:p2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **BEAMSHOTS UP

**********INDOOR BEAMSHOTS UP**********

edc3

Enlightened
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:p2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **BEAMSHOTS UP

Great work! :twothumbs

Looking forward to the outdoor shots. Your last roundup cost me some $$$. This will probably do the same. Thanks for the time you put into these.

1996alnl

Enlightened

Wow again!
Your photography skills are second to none,simply outstanding. Thank you for taking the time and effort in doing these comparisons.
I appreciate it,even though my wallet doesn't:grin2:

chaoss

Enlightened

Wow, nice shots and the beam on that T10C is nice (similar to a Novatac in hotspot/spill).
Call me crazy but the L1 looks a little brighter and whiter than the E1B :confused:.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

1996alnl

Enlightened

Call me crazy but the L1 looks a little brighter and whiter than the E1B :confused:.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Your not crazy,my L1 seems a touch brighter than my E1B. The hotspot is a bit bigger too.:thinking::grin2:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm I can't see the NovaTac beam shots in the mix.

The Sun

Enlightened

i'm gonna post the beamshots of the nova at the end. it missed the photo shoot!!!:D

streetmaster

Enlightened

i'm gonna post the beamshots of the nova at the end. it missed the photo shoot!!!:D

:thanks:Thanks for all your effort. Especially on the NovaTac :D

Save the best for last ;)

Great pictures!:popcorn:

The Sun

Enlightened

:thanks:Thanks for all your effort. Especially on the NovaTac :D

Save the best for last ;)

Great pictures!:popcorn:

it's just been so busy...ya know always in my pocket and all!:D it's hard not to be biase when it comes to the NT. but, i've put all that aside for the good of the comunity:D:twothumbs.

i am going to try to get the outdoor shots, and description/findings up tonight. stay tuned......

The Sun

Enlightened

Your not crazy,my L1 seems a touch brighter than my E1B. The hotspot is a bit bigger too.:thinking::grin2:

i may try to re-do the indoor beamshots for the E1B, and L1. those pic's DO represent how they look in person at that distance (29"), but in reality my E1B is noticeably birghter than the L1, but not by much. based on the LS numbers from MrGman, and WBP if the E1B is rated at 105lm's than i would say the L1 is more like 80. they are very close. the difference is only seen at distance (+/-100ft, or more).

i may just let the outdoor beamshots tonight tell the tale, because i don't think i can get the indoor's to look any different. like i said these pic's DO represent them accurately. in other words, thats what they look like to me on the other side of the camera!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

seale_navy

Enlightened

hey thanks for doing this review though...

i was wondering where did u get MrGman lumens rating for E1B and L1 because i cant find it...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

I can't wait for the throw contest! :thumbsup:

The Sun

Enlightened

hey thanks for doing this review though...

i was wondering where did u get MrGman lumens rating for E1B and L1 because i cant find it...

i believe that WBP posted it either on the C2H thread on CPFM, or in one of his posts on the thread here (also, the C2H thread i think), i can't remember where i saw it, it has been a couple weeks. i'm pretty sure it was on the C2H thread though. i will look for it and post the thread link on here.

thanks for bringing that up!!!! it stuck in my head because it's further proof (like we all have known) that Surefire under-rates it's output values!!!!:twothumbs:twothumbs

The Sun

Enlightened

I can't wait for the throw contest! :thumbsup:

me either!!! it's real overcast here today so it should be a very dark night with no moon, and all cloud cover. makes for great beamshooting!!!:D i just hope it doesn't rain!!! stay tuned!!!:twothumbs

The Sun

Enlightened
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:p2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **OUTDR SHOTS

**********OUTDOOR SHOTS UP**********

:D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Re: SINGLE CELL ROUNDUP:p2D,C2H,120P,C9,NEX,NDI,JET II,T10C,E1L,E1B,L1 **OUTDR SHOTS

C2H is a killer! I take it these shots were done with a RCR cell in the C2H?

Latest posts