Flashlights for flashing at ghost?

bigdaddy

Newly Enlightened
One reason that I became a flashaholic is that I've seen ghosts before (no kidding). :eeksign:I do not like walking in dark places without a powerful flashlight. At least now I have some powerful flashlights to flash at the ghost's face once I see them again :D (hopefully not, keep my fingers crossed):sssh:.

Last edited:

bigdaddy

Newly Enlightened
:lolsign:The funny part about the ghost I've seen is real weird, he's got long thick hair covering his face, sleeping under a bridge. Need something more powerful? LOL. Seen another female ghost before too, looks kind of fierce and motionless. Hope some flasholics could share their ghostly encounters and flashlights they use in the dark to see other dangers lurking around such as stray dogs etc.

Last edited:

bigdaddy

Newly Enlightened
:shakeheadNope, Casper is bald headed.:D The one I saw has very thick long hair.:eek:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you're gonna need one of them proton accelerator packs. You're gonna have to be careful running down those batteries as it's just a small nuclear reactor on your back.

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT CROSS THE STREAMS. If you do cross the streams what will happen is all the molecules in your body will explode at the speed of light.

:D

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Well you're gonna need one of them proton accelerator packs.

+1 for this, plus once you get one, it'll set off a wave of debate amongst the technical folk about different battery configurations to power it..

ProtonPack.jpg

From the literature: "...accelerates subatomic particles or atoms to velocities near the speed of light, focused into a narrow stream. The energy of the weapon is the aggregate kinetic energy of the individual particles forming the beam. A lightning bolt, a flow of electrons, is similar to a particle beam..."

sappyg

Enlightened
Don't ask how I know this, but ghosts can't see light from 'artificial' sources such as incandescent and LED lights. But they can see light from candles or fires. :candle:

ok.... i won't ask how you know this. but i gotta ask why this is the case? also, do you need a flashlight to see a ghost? how does a ghost see in the dark? surely they don't carry candles around with them and if they do where do they put them?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't ask how I know this, but ghosts can't see light from 'artificial' sources such as incandescent and LED lights. But they can see light from candles or fires. :candle:

It's not really artificial light sources it's something about fires. There's many writings, lures and myths about fires call them what you will. Some say that every fire is different like a person and it's got it own soul (think about the next time you put out a fire and the way the smoke leaves). There's something about a flame that's raw, powerful and ties us to the spiritual world.

(Yeh yeh for a science guy I read some poetry and books about native beliefs in High school).

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
:crackup:

..best thread yet!

I fully expect to hear from some of our esteemed custom makers on the likelihood for a new project. I'd be interested! lol

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
ok.... i won't ask how you know this. but i gotta ask why this is the case? also, do you need a flashlight to see a ghost? how does a ghost see in the dark? surely they don't carry candles around with them and if they do where do they put them?

They generally can't see us any better than we can see them. Which is to say not at all for the vast majority of people. And as for what they see, this is based upon what attracts their attention and what doesn't. Maybe 'sense' is a better word than 'see'.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll want a flashlight capable of producing a strong radiation at 363nm, because this makes them visible to .1% of the population.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have been ghost hunting for the past five years and love it.And yes it gives me a good reason to use my lights.

paulr

Flashaholic
Ghosts are not bothered by visible light. They are invisible themselves so you need invisible light to drive them away. The simplest way to do this is put a thin insulating disc (2 circles of paper with a layer of garlic skin between them works well) between the batteries and the positive contact in your flashlight. The paper stops the regular electrons that make visible light from entering the bulb or led, while the garlic skin amplifies the ecto-electrons that make invisible light. As an added bonus this also works against vampires. Beware of the very cheap anti-ghost lights you see on places like Deal Extreme, since they often just leave out the batteries completely, stopping both visible and invisible light, so you think you are safe but in fact you are completely exposed.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ghosts are not bothered by visible light. They are invisible themselves so you need invisible light to drive them away. The simplest way to do this is put a thin insulating disc (2 circles of paper with a layer of garlic skin between them works well) between the batteries and the positive contact in your flashlight. The paper stops the regular electrons that make visible light from entering the bulb or led, while the garlic skin amplifies the ecto-electrons that make invisible light. As an added bonus this also works against vampires. Beware of the very cheap anti-ghost lights you see on places like Deal Extreme, since they often just leave out the batteries completely, stopping both visible and invisible light, so you think you are safe but in fact you are completely exposed.
Man... ALL of the lights I've gotten from dealextreme have left out the batteries! :ohgeez: