Nitecore D10 / Extreme / EX10 - Small torch wanted

Alarm_man

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to buy one of the Nitecore D10/Extreme/Ex10, as a small pocket torch. It appears the D10, is AA, the others brighter 123. Apart from that are there any real differences; I seem to be be missing something.

I'm looking for as bright and small as possible with as a secondary requirement a low setting.

Is there any other small torch I should be looking at? What do people think between these three, (And having just bought an M20, this will be the second in the buy both/all response!)

Thanks for your help, and an interesting forum,

Cheers!

lebox97

Enlightened
might want to go hang out in reviews section for more details?

I EDC several of the nightcores...
in my book decision boils down to:
- 123 or AA (or AAA)
- shorter thicker vs longer slimmer? (what fits in your pocket and your hand better?)
- cell cost, and how readily available are replacement cells in your area
(when your not using re-chargeables)

due to drastic recent improvements in LED technology using the AAA and AA form factors - these are where I have been leaning for the last several months - and will soon be selling off most of my 123 lights due to the above considerations.
:wave:

Toaster

Enlightened
The Extreme is the brightest of these 3 choices no question. All three have adjustable low setting, though only Extreme will retain that preset when switching levels. If it fits your budget and you don't mind the size penalty versus the EX10, you'll love it. It's a beautiful light.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to check out the LF3XT. It is around the same price and yet offers so much more. For starters it offers 2 interfaces. It has a compact interface similar to the EX10, but with a lower low, and user defined mode that isn't lost from memory when accessing the shortcut high and low like happens with the EX10/D10. On top of that it has a full user interface, which you can easily switch to, that allows for many of the programmable features of a p120, but with 1 to 5 user settable modes (you select how many you need and turn off what you don't). You can select from constant, multiple types of beacons, SOS. On top of that, you can check the battery condition under load at any light level. It is only a few mm bigger than the EX10, operates off of rechargable or primary 123 cells. The beam on this light is smooth and free of the Q5 artifacts you will find with the EX10. The tint is more even from hot spot to spill than the GD plus version of the EX10. The only thing missing with the the LF3XT is a pocket clip.

Alarm_man

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions,

I'm an Englishman based in France, and require these lights proffesionally which limits my purchasing options;

I would probably go for the Niteflux but the only VAT /TVA registered dealers I've found (www.neolumen.fr), don't supply them.

D10/X10.... or wait for something better????

Thanks for the help,
cheers
Andy

Southernlight

Enlightened
I just ordered a EX10 from 4sevens. I figure its best to have a AA, CR123 and a AAA type light. Then I have all batterys covered.

Tim