Posting pictures:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would somebody walk me through this step by step via PM or email. This is absolutely maddening that I can't do this yet and it must be easy. I have a Photobucket account now. Thanks all. :thinking:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right click on image then select/click properties, an element window willl pop up and show a location. Highlight the location and copy it <CTRL-C>. When posting the image to the forum use image tags in this format:

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why I need behind the scenes help. I could explain better what I'm doing that isn't working and then maybe it will become clear. It won't tie up a thread that way. Shouldn't take too long I hope. Then I could practice in the practice area until I'm good at it.

image.php

Last edited by a moderator:

georget98

Enlightened
1. In photobucket on the page where you see all your thumbnails, click on the picture you want.

2. Over to the right on the page that opens up with the picture is a section that says Image Link Code. You'll see a section titled Img Code and in the box below will be text that looks like "
Photo34.jpg
"

Right click on that text and it will be highlighted and a menu will drop down. Click on Copy.

3. Now come back to CPF and click where you want the picture, then right click and choose paste. The IMG code will now appear.

Preview or submit your post and voila! (I hope you picture quality is better than my cell phone)

Photo34.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay I will try that. One more question. I am taking pics with my camera and putting them into the "my pictures" file on my computer. When I do it looks like the picture sitting on top of a file folder. How do I load that into Photobucket? I type the file name, in this case it was "Peak" and I can't get any further. I sorry to sound dumb, I have never had any computer training. Or can I go from the camera directly to Photobucket?

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
I inserted an image of your avatar in your post #3.

Put that post in edit mode, and study how it's done.

Empath

Flashaholic
The image above in Georget98's post is actually just a line that says:

Code:
[IMG]]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/gtrudeau/Photo34.jpg[/IMG]

That's all it takes.

It doesn't really have to be in a box. I just put put it in the box to keep it from showing up as a picture.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still working on it, I think I can paste now but I haven't gotten an image to show up yet.