Modding a Brinkman 2AA

revs

Newly Enlightened
I have a Brinkman Legend 2AA that the white bulb holder cracked. Any suggestions for buying/building a sandwich for it? I tried putting a LED in the bulb holder and noticed the crack in it. I proceeded to pull out what was left of the bulb holder and it looks like it will take a sandwich.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
A sandwhich for a Minimag will work perfectly fine with it. Just remove the stock bulb holder, change the reflector, drop in the sandwich, & your set.

revs

Newly Enlightened
How hard is it to assemble my own sandwich? The stock bulb holder is already gone.

I also have a 3AA version that needs a new tailcap. Could I use the same sandwich for it? I have emailed Brinkman about the tailcap.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
How hard is it to assemble my own sandwich? The stock bulb holder is already gone.

I also have a 3AA version that needs a new tailcap. Could I use the same sandwich for it? I have emailed Brinkman about the tailcap.

If you can solder with fairly decent precision you should have no problem building your own sandwich. If you build a sandwich using a GD converter you can use the same sandwich with 2xAAs & 3xAAs as well as 1x14500 or 1x14670 li-ions in a shortened Minimag.

revs

Newly Enlightened
I am fairly accurate in my soldering, just a little rusty. I used to assemble computer cables for a living. Most of that was soldering. All sizes from about 30g to about 6g. I hated the bigger stuff.

Any suggestions on boards and heatsinks to use?