Best single cell for work/business EDC

zx7dave

Enlightened
So just wanted to throw out a question and get some feedback...I will carry this bezel down on my belt with slacks/shirt. Looking for something that is bright 150+ Lumens, can carry bezel down, won't destroy my belt by having to agressive of a outer shell. Needs to be able to run a RCR123's. And as much as possible look natural for your typical business man outfit. I do actively use this at my job in fleet maintenance. Thanks for any and all comments.
PS..while I am a Surefire fan I have not included the SF Backup because of the output is less than I desire.

Considering...
EagleTac P10C
NiteCore Extreme
Novatac EDC 120T

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Jet II Pro IBS. Runs on RCR123s and 3 fully programmable modes so you can set lighting levels as you wish. The low is a really LOW low, lower than the Fenix E01.

I am going to switch to that soon, currently EDC-ing a Fenix E01 on my keychain and a Romisen RC-C3 twisty one mode CR123 clipped bezel down in my pants pocket, or an Ultrafire A1 5 mode RCR123 clicky (no memory mode, can be a bit irritating)

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
PS..while I am a Surefire fan I have not included the SF Backup because of the output is less than I desire.

zx7dave,

I wouldn't rule out an E1B, I bought one at the same time I picked up a Novatac 120T and to my untrianed eye I like the throw of the E1B better as it makes me THINK it's brighter. I EDC similar to what you're describing although my line of work is different.

I like EDC'ing the E1B much better because it's smaller and smoother so when I have to get something else out of my pocket I'm not scrapped with the knurling on the Novatac. I know you said you will be belt carrying so this may not be a factor.

Bob

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E1B is smooth and has a fantstic clip. Its output is deceptively modest sounding but very powerful in actual use. It's my EDC these days with 3.2v R123s. ANd it looks fien with business clothes that I wear on rare occasions.

zx7dave

Enlightened
Thanks for the info..I will consider both the jetbeam and relook the SF Backup before making a final decision. If I went with the SF I would still feel almost obligated with the factory output to sent it to the Milky Labs for a upgrade. So then a wait time has to be considered as well as added expense while Scott does his magic. Endstate would be a nice light though. I have one Jetbeam..but is is pretty old..have to say wasn't impressed with it..but I do hear a lot about the Jetbeams, so maybe mine was just a lower end model...and also I'm sure outdated by now.

Last edited:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Well, if you want something classy, I'd suggest a Nautilus or an Aeon. My Twisty also would look good with a tuxedo.

That said, I have often carried my Milky-modded 120P with a suit.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the Bitz pocket tianium. Bezel down carry, three levels, twist switch. Similar in size and switching as the Firefly. Classy looking as well. I have an aluminum Bitz and it is great. The only issue I have with it is it take 2 second for the memory mode to kick in so if you turn it on for a quick look at something on low and you turn it off before 2 seconds, the next time you turn it on it will come on on the next level. No a huge deal depending on your usage. This may have been resolved in the titanium version but I do not know. Being titanium, I think the twisting will not be as smooth as the aluminum version (which I find is as smooth as my Firefly was) but overall a really good light and a good price considering it is titanium. The Nautilus is good too but no clip on it. It is small enough that I just pocket carry mine.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I have something LIKE a E1B, except mine puts 220 lumens OTF as rated by Milky. Granted, runtime is terrible, but you can't argue with how incredible 220 lumens looks out that nice TIR optic.