Which compact single 18650 Q5 flashlight

rideandshoot

Newly Enlightened
A few months ago I purchased a Trustfire 801 from a certain Hong Kong based web retailer. It is very compact for a 18650 powered Q5 light and perfect for my use. Problem is that the quality isn't that great. Are there any other manufacturers that make a very comapct 18650 powered light with the Q5 emitter. Now that I've tried the 18650 format I want more.

1996alnl

Enlightened
The 18650 format is great isn't it?
The best of both worlds,a great bright beam and long run times.
Right now i have two 18650 lights. The Fenix TK11 with the Q5 and the Olight M20,this one has the newer R2 emitter.
What i like about these lights is they can take CR123's,RCR123's too but i use the 18650 cells because of the long runtimes even though its not regulated on that format.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Eagletac T10L is a little larger than the Encore, with regulation, and Jetbeam has a couple popular offernings in 18650.

As a LumaPower owner of a D-mini, ConneXion, Incendio (returned my Avenger however), I have been fascinated with the Encore.:thumbsup:

funcy.ok

Newly Enlightened
A few months ago I purchased a Trustfire 801 from a certain Hong Kong based web retailer. It is very compact for a 18650 powered Q5 light and perfect for my use. Problem is that the quality isn't that great. Are there any other manufacturers that make a very comapct 18650 powered light with the Q5 emitter. Now that I've tried the 18650 format I want more.

you say that ," It is very compact for a 18650 powered Q5 light and perfect for my use. Problem is that the quality isn't that great " but ,what it is like what ? can you give us a photo or link ?

Are there any other manufacturers that make a very comapct 18650 powered light with the Q5 emitter.

yes , of course ,i have some stuff like that ! having a Q5 high power emitter light ! M3-2 .

it's spec as follow :

*Throw as Well as aluminum Within 372*250mm, Meters**
* Features a Mc-e Emitter, Q5 emittering rate ,silver core
* Up to 900 Lumens on high mode
* This light is designed for maximum throw
* Powered by a single 18650 or two cr123 * Voltage input 2.8-4.2V
* 5 Modes: Hi > Mid >blink>sos > Low
* Built in Voltage protection, will cut off at 2.7V
* Boost/buck circuit board.
* 2.8 mA on high mode
* 3 visibility
* It can tail stand
* Reverse clicky switch
* Always switches on to normal mode of 200 lumen (like standard 1 mode torch)
* Toughened ultra clear glass lens with 98% transmission rate
* Extra thick body for best durability
* 37.2mm x 25.4 mm smooth alumium reflector specially designed for throw
* Each light has its unique serial number engraved
Dimensions: 15.5 CM x 5.5 CM x 2.4 CM
Weight: 0.135KG

shipping info:
All orders except china the promote price is USD$ 42.8/pc FOB (guangzhou ) by T/T on MQO 1 .

china main land the promote price is CNY¥278 /pc rapid mail by T/T on MQO :1.

any prob. welcome to [email protected] , always serive you !

M3-2 charming shape !

p7-c.jpg

Dorky1

Newly Enlightened
The Sgt.Burkett 18650 flashlight LITEMania is selling in the Dealer's Corner is the smallest I've seen. It's a twisty, but the regulation is nowhere ruler flat as the Eagle Tac T10L. If I knew which driver board would give me regulation as good as an Eagle Tac or Fenix I'd buy one to teach myself alittle DIY.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The encore is below great build quality. There is one review of it and there were pics showing flimsy plastic parts in the switch and bad machining.

Right now I own a Jet III PRO IBS and it is great, custom modes and great balance of flood/throw. If you want something more compact, There is the Jet III ST. The M20 is great too but a little bit bigger.

Norm

Retired Administrator
The Sgt.Burkett 18650 flashlight LITEMania is selling in the Dealer's Corner is the smallest I've seen. It's a twisty, but the regulation is nowhere ruler flat as the Eagle Tac T10L. If I knew which driver board would give me regulation as good as an Eagle Tac or Fenix I'd buy one to teach myself alittle DIY.
Great way to go very easy to mod, get one to play around with you won't be sorry mine is now multi mode and is my favourite EDC. Very compact sits in jeans pocket vertically and you wouldn't know it was there.
Any problems I'm sure other members who already have the light will be happy to help.
Norm

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have and like the L-mini also. Some protected cells won't fit, but it has low voltage protection so unprotected cells can be used.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the 6P bored out to accept the 18650, then just drop in a Q5 from DX or Malkfoff M30 like I did.

Even better get Gene to make you a P7 M60 drop-in.

rideandshoot

Newly Enlightened
I have and like the L-mini also. Some protected cells won't fit, but it has low voltage protection so unprotected cells can be used.

Which 18650 protected cells don't fit. I've had to 'tune' my current light to get it to work but my Trustfire protected cells seem flawless. Still the idea of a light that doesn't rely on the battery protection for over discharge is good.

What batteries would I have to get? Will they work with my trustfire charger?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST, i own one of those and love it. A bit big for EDC-ing in my business wear oriented company but it sits unobtrusively in my bag in a nice holster and it travels on my belt when in jeans.

Fits Trustfire 2500 mAh protected cells off DX without any hitch whatsoever, slides in and out easily, no need to tap it, remove the head to push from the other end, whatever.

Coupled with the IBS, makes it a winner in my book.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of the lights mentionned I have quite a bunch ...
modded 6P, modded T1, L-mini, Jet III Pro ST, several from DX, an 18650 Xtar, ...

I hate, yes hate, the machining of the L-mini and the DX ones.
but thats ok, Cheap price - cheap make (some of the DX are quite good)
the modded ones are the nicest, but the sidewall of CR123 lights milled to fit an 18650 remain less than safe (about 0.6 mm)

The Pro ST is by far the best production light out of my 18650 lights and I suppose all the Jetbeams are made like it.

... not typing about electronics, I.B.S. and Flupic, eyerything else is crap
(try to guess if this refers to the cheaper or the better models) ;)

PS: I have just modded the ST with a SS 17 mm reflector. Pics and story soon posted in "homemade and modified"

1996alnl

Enlightened
+1 on Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST, i own one of those and love it. A bit big for EDC-ing in my business wear oriented company but it sits unobtrusively in my bag in a nice holster and it travels on my belt when in jeans.

Fits Trustfire 2500 mAh protected cells off DX without any hitch whatsoever, slides in and out easily, no need to tap it, remove the head to push from the other end, whatever.

Coupled with the IBS, makes it a winner in my book.

Hmm been hearing alot of good things about this light. Maybe i'll pick one up. Is it regulated or DD?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which 18650 protected cells don't fit. I've had to 'tune' my current light to get it to work but my Trustfire protected cells seem flawless. Still the idea of a light that doesn't rely on the battery protection for over discharge is good.

What batteries would I have to get? Will they work with my trustfire charger?

I'm using a couple of older AW protected cells that don't have the nipple. I have one silver Trustfire that's too fat and long, another one that's just long. Tenergy are way too fat. That's all I have. I thought I had some unprotected cells, but must have given them away.

Can't say about the charger, I use an UltraFire.

Read the thread in the Dealer's forum on the L-mini, there may be more info there.