EX10 w/ Russtang Ti Bling pics and comments

litetube

Enlightened
Well, as usual, I cant help myself when it comes to plug and play flashlight customizing. I scraped together the dinero and got one of Russtangs Ti bezel rings for the Nitecore Ex10.
Workmanship is top notch . It is supplied with 2 special orings to replace the stock one on the EX10. Nice to get a spare thrown in. And I have to say these special orings are very cool . I have never seen an oring quite like these and wonder if Russtang had these made custom for this project? I dont know why these orings are not used by light manufactureres throughout the whole light? instead of the facing out edge being round they are flat. This to me seems like it would afford better sealing against moisture with more surface area of the oring contacting the inside of the light? They are nice and thick
I could have been just as happy with a Stainless steel version for less cost but Titanium is very cool bling for a light. The Ti ring adds something else to the overall light beyond looks also. It adds just a hint more weight to the head of the light and to me it just makes the light feel more solid,robust and tougher now than with the stock,stamped steel one.It is substantially thicker than the stock ring for sure and really looks nice in conjunction with the clip and piston .Though it would be cool to have all the silver parts be made of the same metal and thus identical in color/tint/finish etc. , it is great that stuff like this is made available to us by others and I am very pleased with the results. Definitley worth the 20 some odd bucks. I know it is almost 50% the cost of the total light but it brings the light up to a different level of form/function

Last edited:

primox1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: Isn't the EX10 is a great light?
Aside from the aesthetic attributions, how does the bezel effect the beam?

sappyg

Enlightened
nice light litetube. that bezel and clip really smarten up the EX10 an does put it on another level. :thumbsup:
i read in another thread where someone polished an NT 120 clip... something like 600, 800, 100, 1500 grit to finish and darn if the clip did'nt match the stainless bezel he had installed. you might give that a try and kick up the bling another notch.

litetube

Enlightened
This Ex10 is the GD version and it doesnt affect the beam at all. I know that may seem hard to believe but the GD beam is a bit narrower than the Cree so maybe it would hinder the Cree a bit I dont know.
I might invest in some different grit sandpaper and give it a shot , or maybe go to Dads and ask him nicely to sandblast the ring and clip for me.
But Ti and SS still just have a different "tint" or color to them as does the nickle plated piston which develops a nice "patina" to it . It's all good though. Only a retentive OCD person like me really notices anyway .

now if I could just find a lube that doesnt stiffen up in the head when the light sits unused for a few hours. Even the PTEF lube which is better than Nyogel for this light doesnt quite get the job done.