Ra Clicky Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
[Note: this thread is continued from the Part 5 thread. The post below is from the first post of the thread made on May 23, 2008]

This thread is to discuss the technical aspects of the upcoming Ra Clicky flashlight. A preliminary description can be viewed here.

Henry.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I was trying to edit this into my last post but got caught by the lockdown.

Sadly, I have no efficient method of doing a runtime test, I have no equipment with which to run a test (no volt meter, no lux meter, etc.) so all I could use would be me peepers! Not a good test.
That's all I got. Have you seen what these do when they're out of juice? They hit the end, blink to let you know, and drop to half output. Unlike most lights, you don't exactly need a lab to get a good idea of their runtime.

luxlover

Banned
m16a said:
Sadly, I have no efficient method of doing a runtime test, I have no equipment with which to run a test (no volt meter, no lux meter, etc.) so all I could use would be me peepers! Not a good test. Perhaps sometime in the future! :thumbsup:
No electronic devices are needed to do a runtime test. Thine peepers will suffice. Just don't leave the area where you light will be perched, until you see it turn off and then back on at half the start level. It's as easy as pie!

Jeff

luxlover

Banned
saturnnyne said:
Smooth unsalted. It came down to strawberry jam or blueberry preserves. I was feeling more red than blue.

I realize the regulation in these is more or less ruler flat, but why not confirm just how flat? I think I've seen some minor slopes in their runtime graphs, especially immediately before the first step down, as I recall.
Red is a nice color. Cherry is the best preserves.

I will look for any slight drop in luxmeter reading..... JUST BEFORE THE DOUBLE DROP! :aaa:
Jeff

luxlover

Banned
I was trying to edit this into my last post but got caught by the lockdown.

That's all I got. Have you seen what these do when they're out of juice? They hit the end, blink to let you know, and drop to half output. Unlike most lights, you don't exactly need a lab to get a good idea of their runtime.
What Saturn said!

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Oh, I know that and was wondering when someone would wake up from the deep sleep and start Part 6. :eek:oo: Catch you at post #615, DM51.
Perhaps we wouldn't get our threads locked so quickly if only some people didn't make a string of separate posts to reply to each point, hey Luxy? :poke::grin2:

Great news, Hoople! I hope you don't have too much longer to wait.

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
Perhaps we wouldn't get our threads locked so quickly if only some people didn't make a string of separate posts to reply to each point, hey Luxy? :poke::grin2:

Great news, Hoople! I hope you don't have too much longer to wait.
I am in full accordion with you Saturn. Those people just make we want to :barf:

luxlover

Banned
Runtime test in Luxlover's Lab shall commence at 6:35PM ESt, not CPF standard time. CPF time is 6:30PM EST. It is 6:33PM EST....per atomic clock at NIST!

Jeff

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Runtime test in Luxlover's Lab shall commence at 6:35PM ESt, not CPF standard time. CPF time is 6:30PM EST. It is 6:33PM EST....per atomic clock at NIST!
So we're underway! I shall now proceed to hold my breath.

Yeah CPF time is funny isn't it... I've noticed that it's never quite what you'd expect it to be. In the past, I've found it to be exactly 10 minutes off.

luxlover

Banned
37 mins. into the test. Luxmeter started at 1034 (X10 range) and is now 1034, with a minimum of 1012 and a maximum of 1052.

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
So we're underway! I shall now proceed to hold my breath.

Yeah CPF time is funny isn't it... I've noticed that it's never quite what you'd expect it to be. In the past, I've found it to be exactly 10 minutes off.
Ten minutes slow today, twenty minutes slow tomorrow, 3 minutes slow the next day. Doesn't anybody in Command Central know for what an atomic clock is used? :thinking:

The very fact that after 40 minutes the luxmeter is reading 1034, is making me nuts, attesting to the greatness of Henry's power regulation circuit. :thumbsup:

Jeff

luxlover

Banned
At last, I get to eat! But I am not as hungry as Saturn was at the end of HIS runtime. Here is why.....
Using my fully charged AW 750mAH R123 cell, my light ran for 68 minutes before the first double level drop.

Then the drops came at one minute intervals, and my luxmeter confirmed each drop with a 50% drop in reading.

I can also confirm that my light blinked once a minute, which I confirmed by noting that the meter reading did not change.

Saturn,
Considering that my cell is a lithium ion and yours is a lithium primary, I wonder why you got 105 minutes to my 68 minutes? Could you elaborate on what was YOUR indication that you should stop the clock at 105 mins.? If you kept the clock going after the first double level drop, then it is possible that your 105 min. reading was made when the light blinked once a second telling you that the battery is about to die. That is not the standard we have been using, to determine the integrity of Henry's lights.

I am hoping that like me, you stopped the clock at the first drop. This shows that a BS primary is a respectable battery and will do well in Clickys.

Jeff

m16a

Enlightened
Reima,
Thank you for keeping an "eye" on me! M16a was singing Christmas Carols on the phone, right until I stopped the clock. It was nice having him as my cheerleader.

Jeff

That is a dirty rotten lie! I was singing pop songs, not Christmas carols!!! :crackup:

As to saturn and lux telling me to do my own run time test, during my upcoming winter break (starting 3PM EST, Dec. 19) I will do a run time test of my own, by eye, in hopes of gaining even more information on our beloved clicky's! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.