Anyone tried the Lumens Factory 3.7v led?

flip

Enlightened
Anyone here have any experience with the Lumens Factory D26 led drop-in that is designed for a single cell? I am putting together a 1x18650 light and can't decide what to put in it. I am considering this Lumens Factory drop-in as well as something from Malkoff as well as a direct drive P7. I am leaning towards keeping the cost down for this light so I am leaning towards the LF drop-in.

Sector7

Enlightened
Go with the M30 or its variations, it has a smoother and cleaner transition from spot to spill where as the LF D26 has the dreaded Cree rings with the 1S WC R2 version. BTW, the new M30W is awesome if you plan on using it outdoors with vegetation, another great product from Gene.:clap:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Malkoff M30WF today. The beam is awesome. I think that you would enjoy one of the M30 variants.

mdocod

Flashaholic
It runs the LED good and hard on a fresh cell, regulation isn't perfect but isn't bad either,,, seems to be semi-direct-drive when the cell is fresh from the charger, pushing as much as ~1.3A, then as the cell drains down to below the Vf the regulator keeps a pretty steady ~1-1.1A coming out of the cell. I haven't tested it with any sort of light testing apparatus, but I would assume based on it's electrical characteristics that it would dim down ~10-20% through the run (not a big deal as it would be hard to see that difference)... The one I have doesn't suffer much from the cree ring issue, it's very faint. I've seen worse, YMMV. Overall I like the module quite a bit. It lives in my wife's 6P with a 17670 and serves her well :)

Eric

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't ran my Lumens Factory D26 LED in a 1x18650 yet flashlight yet, but I will say that it is among the best aftermarket standard design P60LED dropins and LF's customer service is top notch. They're among my 3 favorite brands of P60 dropin makers along with Malkoff Devices and Dereelight.

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
I think the LF D26's are awesome! I have two of the 3.7v modules, one is a newer select tint module that is easily my favorite drop-in. And I have the Malkoff M60, three solarforce modules, two Dereelights (both 3.7V) and a few others to compare to.

The M60 is everything they say and my favorite indoors. Outside the LF modules have much further throw giving them the edge for my purposes.

Try the new select tint LF, I think you will really like it. :grin2:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Have both, like the Malkoff a little better since it is more well rounded.

I settled on keeping the Deere in a smooth reflector so I can get max warm throw. It goes along with my light on trips but Malkoff lives in it.