Best LED torch for under $60.00?

YZINGERR

Newly Enlightened
All of this talk about the Husky LED torch for $25.00 got me thinking.

What is the best LED flashlight for under $60.00?
It doesnt have to be the brightest or best looking, but best bang for the buck.

I love my Inova T1 has been a strong light for many years. No problems, great size, bright and very versatile! All for only $40.00:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
As you specifically mentioned throw, I would say the best under $60 would be.....

EagleTac T10C2

With CPF8 discount it's $61 and change, so not actually under your budget, but close enough :)

YZINGERR

Newly Enlightened
As you specifically mentioned throw, I would say the best under $60 would be.....

EagleTac T10C2

With CPF8 discount it's $61 and change, so not actually under your budget, but close enough :)

$61 is close enough.. i figure that i dont have enough lights or brains and need to spend some cash on some worth-while toys

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheap and good, aurora wf-600 from DX. Love that light, brighter when run 2xRC123 (3.7v)

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm after something similar, and so far the EagleTac T10C2 is top of my list.

YZINGERR

Newly Enlightened
:caution:Sorry, i used the wrong verbiage.:thinking:
I am just looking for opinions of good-great all around LED flashlights for under $60.00.
Not necessarily a "thrower".

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Fenix P3D, L2D, L1D, P2D Q5s, and L1T Q2 from my experience. If you've used your Inova T1 for years, how about the 2008 model T1? It's 100 lumens for over 4 hours on 2 123A cells. I don't know if you have the 2007 model or the older 1 cell model, but the new one is an improvement either way. The two previous versions only last 1.5 hours. I think the 2007 model is over 4 times brighter than the older one, but uses two batteries. The 2008 model is actually slightly dimmer than the 2007 model, but makes up for it with 3 times the runtime and usually has a warmer tint.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
6P new on ebay for ~$45, drop in the DX module of your choice. Lighthound also sells modules for a reasonable price.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for T10C2

You cant get any brighter and better built flashlight for the price.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you explain how you got the idea he wants a thrower? He actually said "It doesnt have to be the brightest".
He wants a thrower, and the L2D is NOT a thrower.

For me the best bang for the buck is the Fenix L1T/L2T v2.0.
Simple operation (for today).
Tighten head for high, loosen head for low.
Forward clicky allows momentary or signaling.
Note this as well as the L2D and a lot of other suggestions takes AAs.
Note also most of the lights have a lot of spill compared to an old Inova T1 which is more of a spotlight
What is the best LED flashlight for under $60.00?
It doesnt have to be the brightest or best looking, but best bang for the buck.

If you are staying with CR123A batteries I would go for the new T1 (see Hooked on Fenix's reasons why) or the EX10 for its more easily pocketable small size. You will need to sit down for a few minutes after receiving it to figure out and get the hang of the UI.

Toaster

Enlightened
Can you explain how you got the idea he wants a thrower? He actually said "It doesnt have to be the brightest".

Because the OP explicitly said he wanted a thrower before later editing his post.

Anyhow my vote is for the Fenix PD20. Small enough to EDC yet has enough output and modes to cover all your typical lighting needs. Has a very efficient circuit to get the most out of your battery and is a proven reliable performer. Plus since it's compatible with L1/L2 body, you can turn it into a 1AA/2AA light later on if you wish for maximum versatility :thumbsup: