Tesco 2C 3W cree torch

toka_shigazu

Newly Enlightened
Hi, does anyone know what bulb is in this torch, and where i might get a replacement?? i also saw on another forum a comment that Maplin were doing replacement 3w bulbs and also a replacement 5w bulb.

i could not find anything over the internet regarding this but i dont have any information about the bulb to ask any one. there was nothing on the packaging and nothing on the torch itself.

would upgrading the torch to a 5w bulb make it brighter??? but burn for less time or am i getting mistaken. i am hoping to use this torch for hunting and although it seems quite a powerful torch [i havent been able to fully try it out to find distances] i was wondering if chnging it to a 5w bulb may extend its range....

lots of ifs and buts here so would appreciate any advice

thanks

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fully field test it first .... you might find that it is good enough
for what you want it to do

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen them in the shop but I'm not too sure what emitter they use or if they can be replaced easily. I do not know how the regulation or runtime is but some MTBers have been using it in conjunction with the 2xAA cree.

I do like the 2xD cell one, it is super heavy and had great throw like a beefed up super M@g.

Dreamlander23

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,I thought it was about time I joined,I've been browsing for years but found all my answers here so never needed to post! Anyway,the Cree is on a 'star' like the Luxeons are and it is bonded for heatsinking ability.It is possible to replace but you would have to pay more than the price of the torch to get a Luxeon V and it will not be all that brighter,if at all,and probably less efficient. I believe it is direct drive so output will eventually drop off but I know of no other torch you can buy off the shelf in the UK that is as powerful for it's size and price.I think it is now only £9! Should be good for hunting as it uses an optic which throws well with a tight beam.I have the 2AA and 2D as well and they are all good value for money.If reading in the US please bear in mind that most stores in the UK still see Maglights as cutting edge!

Dreamlander23

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
It uses an optic .... great thrower for the price :D
I keep one in the car as my "beater" torch

I believe the same light is sold in the US at Lowes, branded under "Taskforce"

EDIT found this THREAD

Last edited: