Sure Fire E1B (Any Problems?)

007Runner

Banned
The Surefire E1B has been out for about a year now.

Any problems or reliability issues?

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
No problems with mine so far.
It is a pocket flame thrower,
and very dependable.
As is my E1L.

Carpenter

Enlightened
I agree with both statements above. I just wish they would give you some knurling on it. I put a E2DL tailcap on it just to give me something to hold onto.

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
I agree with both statements above. I just wish they would give you some knurling on it. I put a E2DL tailcap on it just to give me something to hold onto.

I guess it is a matter of preference, I could sometimes use the knurling to have a better grip, but many other times the stock E1B seems perfect for me because it is very pocket friendly and this way I can carry it no matter what I'm wearing. I guess the best option is to be able to have both and swap the tailcaps depending on the needs! :thumbsup:

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
Oh and by the way, I love my E1B so much i also bought a McClicky 1x123 Ti pack to have that option for the body as well, I just love this EDC and find I use it much more than any other light including the E2DL...

BigD64

Enlightened
Had mine over a year got it about 3 months before the public. Haven't opted to carry anything else since it came out. I have over 30 lights this size. IMHO it's the best EDC out there.

rtt

Enlightened
No problems to report. Had the light for about one year. I like the light just as it is (no knurling). Very pocket friendly.

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
A great EDC that comes with SF reliability and is much brighter than the stated lumens.

007Runner

Banned
Thanks for the responses. I did order this light once before, but the shipping fairies lost it so I never got it. This time I will have them send the light Federal Express.

chaoss

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I did order this light once before, but the shipping fairies lost it so I never got it. This time I will have them send the light Federal Express.

Hey OO7, have you looked in the C.P.F. for sale section?
I recently saw one maybe two E1B's going for $110.00-ish, unopened/new condition :thumbsup:.

seale_navy

Enlightened
it uses one cr123a battery. its bright. most of the E1B has a warm tint so its really nice but from a distance u wont notice the warm tint for example outdoor...

small.. and i must say the it has a very nice design. the hot spot maybe not centered but its only marginally not centred. its due the TIR lense actually but it negligible...

also not much sharp edges on the light, so probably the anodizing will stay longer.. im not too sure about this..

those who EDC in the pocket daily.. does the anodizing wear off? for the pocket clip i know it does cause its not coated...

plus the light is well regulated. 1.3 hrs of tactical light....the low is bright, well not bright per se.. but due to the TIR, it focus the light so its ver useable. better than a single 5mm nichia LED light though...

and the best thing.. the pride of owning a surefire..

1996alnl

Enlightened

No problems with mine and its been dropped a few times. This light was designed for detectives and undercover agents who wanted a light that was pocketable with no sharp edges or knurling.But i do agree that it could be difficult to hang onto,the "melted styling" could be a bit slippery.I guess that's why alot of people use the E2DL switch.

Moka

Enlightened
Oh really? Please do tell because mine spits icicles...
Mine's quite warm and alot of the Beamshots i've seen around CPF confirm that...
But there had to be some varience obviously...

I recommend this light to anyone considering it... A brilliant torch, no problems whatsoever. :D

Nathan

Enlightened
I've had mine for about 10 months, EDC'd for most of that time, which is easy to do because of the excellent pocket clip. It keeps the light where you need it and away from keys and coins (I keep mine in my front pocket).

007Runner

Banned
Has Sure Fire made a carry pouch for this light yet? I know the clip it comes with is nice, but I don't want want to scratch up the lens with keys and coins.