MR Bulk™ Is BACK!!! *Moved*

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Not really, I am posting this from a work computer which is located in the same area of the island, although using a different ISP. But hey, for three days a week anyway...I can post the right way!

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
welcome back
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Guys! And to Slick, no, I'm waiting for DavidW to find out where the glitch lies afer he gets my traceroutes analyzed by his server providers...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I recall, your were able to ping CPF's IP address (209.67.62.186) and got a response. If you try to ping the hostname (www.candelpowerforums.com) and it times out, you can probably bet that the problem lies in the DNS that your ISP uses.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Slick, I guess I will have to wait patiently for DavidW/Sasha and Co. to figger this one out for me. With what little I know about websites and traceroutes, it's the best I can do. The thing is -- I did nothing. Nothing at all is changed about my computer, and every other single dang thing about my computer including web accesss, e-mail, etc., workds perfectly, only CPF is inaccessible to me. And not just me, others too. Which leads me to believe any corrupted DNS or other problem is down the line somewhere.

Scott the Badger, if you didn't see my other post, the Legend 3AA bulbs are yours if you want'em. I lost your e-mail and can't get it through here via the proxy server I am reduced to using, so just e-mail me.

Regards,

Charlie

Empath

Flashaholic
Charlie,
I'm certain we can get you back to normal CPF; well 95% certain anyway. I've been checking your Hawaiian Roadrunner help pages, and I see a situation that can be changed in your browser configuration.

Basically, Roadrunner either has your WWW access running through a proxy server, or they offer an option of doing so. Basically, if you know the routine, its the simple matter of either enabling the proxy or disabling the proxy, depending on which way you already have it. If your proxy is enabled already, the DNS problems are through the proxy. If your proxy isn't enabled, then the proxy likely wouldn't have the same problem. By switching, unless the DNS is the same with or without the proxy, your problem should be solved.

Now, if you've no idea what I'm talking about, you can email me and I'll try to walk you through it, or maybe join you sometime on Saaby's chat line. Or, if you wish, you can check your Roadrunner help site. Embedded in it is all the information you need to enable or disable it. If you do choose to email me, tell me which browser version you have. Its really just a matter of clicking or unclicking an option. The trick is only getting to the option.

Of course you know, this is a bit off topic. As much as we're glad to see you back, I still need to move it to the proper forum. Continue following it here.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Charlie, did your ISP ever figur out what's wrong? If you can get to CPF from another local area, that would tend to increase the likelyhood of the probmem being in their DNS or routing tables..

Status
Not open for further replies.