I blew out a shoe, so what should I do?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
OK, I will stop the rhymes.

I play golf 3-4 times a year. I have a pair of 10-year-old Ultra Dry Joys golf shoes and they still look great, inside and out. I love the way they fit and if I have to toss them I will buy something cheap and not like them as well.

Here's the problem;
The sole on one has delaminated from the upper leather portion. There is a plate on the bottom of the shoe still firmly attached so it appears these things have a two-part bottom. I will be gluing plastic to plastic or something similar and both surfaces are formed to mate up. I know there is shoe-goo but I also know you guys know everything about everything so what do I use to put it back together?

There will be plenty of time for whatever I use to cure because I just played golf Sunday and that means I will use the shoes again sometime around Sept.

Thanks,
DD

paulr

Flashaholic
Um, go to a shoe repair store, they have the right tools for that.

I've tried shoe goo, it's awful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I blew out a shoe, so what should I do?

Try Gorilla Glue!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I've had my nightmares with shoe glue (or Goo)... Get it to a repair shop. That glue will come off when you least expect it to...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Dave,

I have had good luck with shoe goo on minor repairs, but would agree that a shoe repair shop would probably be better for a major repair.

Tom

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
10 years old? The other one might be ready to give out also. If you go to a shoe repair service, take both in case they can reinforce the "good" one also.