How is your HDS Ra Clicky set up?

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
How have you programmed your new HDS Ra Clicky? :thinking:

Same topic as for the 120P.

My Ra-140-Cn :naughty: settings -

Primary Setting [click]: 0.07 lm (Level 1, lowest)
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 1.1 lm (Level 9)
Low Setting [triple-click]: 100 lm (Level 22)
High [press-hold]: 141 lm (Level 23, highest)
Force Setting: Enabled, Primary
Button Lock: Disabled
Automatic Turn Off: Disabled
Locator Flash: Disabled
Momentary: Disabled
Customization: Enabled

Love it. :devil:

This is my non-tactical setting (i.e. high isnt the primary, and no momentary). Comes on at the lowest low, with the high just being a press-hold away. Secondary is the double-click setting, if I need a bit more light. It says 1.1 lm but I can't believe that really, its not a whole lot dimmer than the E01 so it seems more like a few lumens at least? In any case, enough for most closeup work. Then the high setting is triple-click, harder to get to since my main intent is to conserve battery life, but there if needed. Didn't set it to the very highest again for battery savings, and so I always have a little more lumens in reserve if necessary.

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
My 140C :naughty: settings -

Primary Setting [double-click]: 50lm (Level 20, lowest)
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 13lm (Level 16)
Low Setting [triple-click]: 1.1lm (Level 9)
High Setting [press-hold]: 141 lm (Level 23, highest)
Force Setting: Disabled
Button Lock: Enabled
Momentary: Enabled

I love it, too. :devil:

Since the EDC days, I have configured my four output levels in descending order, as in high, primary, secondary and low.

Since Henry has stated that for clear visibility of different outputs there should be at least 50% difference between them, I have chosen a 50lm output for primary, because 140lm divided by 2 = 70lm, and 50lm is the next level below that.

I have chosen 13lm for secondary, because it seems like a good compromise between optimizing runtime and having ample visibility in semi-dark conditions.

I have chosen 1.1lm for low, because 0.3lm is a very low level for me under the conditions which I encounter. At this point in my urban life, where ambient city life is so overpowering, I don't want to waste a level my leaving it so low and not using it. My eyes rarely get a chance to become dark adapted, so 1.1lm is a level that is useful when I need low level light for my light adapted eyes.

I find that I have always used Simple Momentary in my EDC lights and NT 120P. The way I use my light from off, I usually press-hold it until I no longer need light.

The removal of the 5 min. Automatic Button Lock feature was an excellent idea. I am used to triple clicking from off when I stow my light in a pocket, anyway.

I am always playing with my settings, so I need Customization Mode to stay enabled. I am not worried about a layperson accidentally manipulating my settings.

Who's next?
Jeff

m16a

Enlightened
140C Settings :)

Primary level (double click)- 50lm
Secondary level (double click) - 8.8 lm
Low level (triple click) - 0.14lm
High level (click, press hold) - 140/100lm

The rationale behind it all.

I decided that 0.3lm was just a bit bright for operating on just awoken eyes, I did a test and night, and found 0.14lm to be perfect for my eyes. 13lm was a bit too much for indoor, and general all around usage, so I decided on a level lower, and that seemed to work perfectly for my needs. 35lm was not quite enough for my outdoors usage, so I boosted the output up a level, and 50lm seemed to work perfectly. Then I left the quasi two output level 23 as my high level for when a lot of power is required. Similar to Jeff, I mess around with customization rather often, so it is best to keep it on for me. I prefer to control when my light is locked rather than having it turn off, so I keep button lock on as opposed to automatic turn off. Force setting bothered me, so I turned it off, and as a general rule, the locator flash is too low to me of use to me, so I keep it off as well. Those are the settings on my clicky! :thumbsup:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 140C :naughty: settings -

Primary Setting [double-click]: 50lm (Level 20, lowest)
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 13lm (Level 16)
Low Setting [triple-click]: 1.1lm (Level 9)
High Setting [press-hold]: 141 lm (Level 23, highest)

I love it, too. :devil:

Since the EDC days, I have configured my four output levels in descending order, as in high, primary, secondary and low.

Since Henry has stated that for clear visibility of different outputs there should be at least 50% difference between them, I have chosen a 50lm output for primary, because 140lm divided by 2 = 70lm, and 50lm is the next level below that.

I have chosen 13lm for secondary, because it seems like a good compromise between optimizing runtime and having ample visibility in semi-dark conditions.

I have chosen 1.1lm for low, because 0.3lm is a very low level for me under the conditions which I encounter. At this point in my urban life, where ambient city life is so overpowering, I don't want to waste a level my leaving it so low and not using it. My eyes rarely get a chance to become dark adapted, so 1.1lm is a level that is useful when I need low level light for my light adapted eyes.

I find that I have always used Simple Momentary in my EDC lights and NT 120P. The way I use my light from off, I usually press-hold it until I no longer need light.

The removal of the 5 min. Automatic Button Lock feature was an excellent idea. I am used to triple clicking from off when I stow my light in a pocket, anyway.

I am always playing with my settings, so I need Customization Mode to stay enabled. I am not worried about a layperson accidentally manipulating my settings.

Who's next?
Jeff

That is very close to how my Souled HDS is set up. A bit lower lowest and low, but not by much. Use low the most I think, usually enough light for most things when the eyes are slightly adapted to the dark.

Sverre

The 140 Cn looks mighty tempting.. Time to put in some more overtime at work:D

luxlover

Banned
That is very close to how my Souled HDS is set up. A bit lower lowest and low, but not by much. Use low the most I think, usually enough light for most things when the eyes are slightly adapted to the dark.

Sverre

The 140 Cn looks mighty tempting.. Time to put in some more overtime at work:D
I guess that we are just birds of a feather?

You are not thinking outside the box! You must work overtime and undertime,to acquire the ample funds to sneak a 140Cn into your Viking nest without the wife seeing it. :ohgeez:

Jeff

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that we are just birds of a feather?

You are not thinking outside the box! You must work overtime and undertime,to acquire the ample funds to sneak a 140Cn into your Viking nest without the wife seeing it. :ohgeez:

Jeff

It has to share the funds in the fun and games account with diving, hunting, a 1967 Porsche:eek:, a DSLR, knives, tools and other tempting lights like the SF Optimus, Saint and Inova inforce lights.. :ohgeez:

Wife doesn't mind as long as I spend my play money:D

Haven't decided on which model of Ra either, the warm option on the 140C threw a spanner in the works:crazy:

Will order sometime after Christmas..

luxlover

Banned
It has to share the funds in the fun and games account with diving, hunting, a 1967 Porsche:eek:, a DSLR, knives, tools and other tempting lights like the SF Optimus, Saint and Inova inforce lights.. :ohgeez:

Wife doesn't mind, as long as I spend my play money. :D

Haven't decided on which model of Ra either, the warm option on the 140C threw a spanner in the works. :crazy:

Will order sometime after Christmas.....
All I can say is "operators are standing by to take your call."

Jeff

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
My Ra 140C is setup very similarly to my 120P:

Triple click is 0.07 lumen
Primary is 13 lumens
Secondary is 35 lumens
High setting is 141 lumens
Force setting is disabled
Automatic turn-off enabled
Momentary enabled
Button Lock disabled
Customization enabled (so I can quickly get to strobe from the High setting)

dtsoll

Enlightened
Just got this beauty today and I love it!!! I have sorely missed having a light like this. This 140Cgt is a keeper. Doug:)

Primary Setting [click]: 13 lumens
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 100 lumen level 22
Low Setting [triple-click]: level 1 or .07 lumens
Locator Flash: Enabled
Customization: Disabled

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know the exact settings, but my Cn is set up more or less like the following...

Primary Setting [click]: Somewhere around 40-60lm
Secondary Setting [double-click]: low, about two levels up from factory low.
Low Setting [triple-click]: Tac Strobe
High [press-hold]: Burst (highest)
Automatic Turn Off: Enabled

artec540

Enlightened
How have you programmed your new HDS Ra Clicky? :thinking:

Same topic as for the 120P.

My Ra-140-Cn :naughty: settings -

Primary Setting [click]: 0.07 lm (Level 1, lowest)
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 1.1 lm (Level 9)
Low Setting [triple-click]: 100 lm (Level 22)

Love it. :devil:

This is my non-tactical setting (i.e. high isnt the primary, and no momentary). Comes on at the lowest low, with the high just being a press-hold away. Secondary is the double-click setting, if I need a bit more light. It says 1.1 lm but I can't believe that really, its not a whole lot dimmer than the E01 so it seems more like a few lumens at least? In any case, enough for most closeup work. Then the high setting is triple-click, harder to get to since my main intent is to conserve battery life, but there if needed. Didn't set it to the very highest again for battery savings, and so I always have a little more lumens in reserve if necessary.

I have a Cn (Sl # 5212) and I've changed the "Very Low" (three clicks) to "Tactical Strobe" and all the Options are off. That's the only change I want to make.

I'd like to know the difference between the strobe rates of Tactical and Emergency Strobes....... does anyone know? The book of instructions gives the light value for each, 170 and 120, but not the rate.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Low Setting: Level 1
Secondary Setting: Level 19
Primary Setting: Level 14
High Setting: Level 22 (burst on WWCN)
Automatic Turn Off: Enabled
Locator Flash: Enabled

Using a 100WWCN, which operates perfectly. Settings change depending on situation. Modified stock clip for low profile carry. Can't be beat.

500th post here. Whewh...

Last edited:

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
My Ra-140-Cgt :naughty: settings -

Primary Setting [click]: 25 lm (Level 18)
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 1.6 lm (Level 10)
Low Setting [triple-click]: 0.07 lm (Level 1, lowest)
High [press-hold]: 100 lm (Level 22)

I'm extremely pleased with my light :twothumbs. It's left on the secondary setting about 90% of the time, which is perfect when I leave for work at 4am in the morning. I also decided to leave the high setting at 100lm instead of the 140lm burst because I don't like the 10 second stepdown timer.

The lower levels are very close to my U60GT settings, while the 100lm high gives me a little bit more power outdoors, with much better runtime than the old EDC's max setting.

Sector7

Enlightened
My Ra-140-Cgt :sssh: settings -

Primary Setting [click]: 8.8 lm (Level 15)
Secondary Setting [double-click]: 35 lm (Level 19)
Low Setting [triple-click]: 71 lm (Level 21)
High [press-hold]: 141/100 lm (Level 22)