Dereelight DBS

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I've told my girlfriend to get me a Dereelight DBS V2 for Christmas which she was happy to get me!
So my dilemma is which module to get.
What i would want would be the 3SM with R2-bin Cree or 3SD. I would probably like to be able to use rcr123's, 17670 and 18650s i guess the larger ones for run time.
But would the 3SD be better?
I was mainly looking at the 3SM, is the R2 cree good? I was going to get the OP reflector as well so i could change whenever i feel like it.
Cant wait to get it! Would love any input.
Thanx guys :grin2:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lucky you! I had to pay for mine myself.Good idea getting the OP in case you decide to buy the MC-E and go for flood instead of throw.Go with the R2(if it's available) and wait with the rest of us for the R3.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The 3SD is the correct pill if you only use an 18650 cell. (ie not 2 cr123s)
It will provide constant regulation ie. output will stay the same while the
cell has sufficient charge in it.

The 3SM is for 2 cells. I don't think one cell will work properly in it.

The most versatile pill seems to be the 1SM where it seems you can use
2 CR123s or 1 18650 for example. However if you use 1 18650, I don't think the output will be regulated.
Also the current output is 1A instead of 1.2A like the above 2 options which will therefore be brighter.

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
Just got back from testing my DBS. It ownes my 4D mag with TLE300M dropin.:laughing: Oh yeaaaaaaa.I will post pics soon.

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Thanx for the advice, i think i would like as bright as possible! So in that case which one would be best, i prefer to have a few modes rather than 1 that will just suck the battery power right away.
3SM OR 3SD?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanx for the advice, i think i would like as bright as possible! So in that case which one would be best, i prefer to have a few modes rather than 1 that will just suck the battery power right away.
3SM OR 3SD?

The 3SM-MCE pill gives the brightest overall output possible but you would need 2 CR123s for this
and runtime would probably be about 35 minutes max.
The throw would be about half the throw with an R2-XRE although you would have much more flood.

If throw is more important, then I would choose the 3SD-R2-XRE pill with single 18650 lion.
With this you would have maximum throw, a good runtime (maybe 2 hours) and a still more than respectable output.

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened
Get her to get the 3sd pill and a extra op reflector,then you order the MC-E pill and extension tube yourself, then you have the best of both worlds, a thrower and flood ,this is such a great light with all the options available.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Get her to get the 3sd pill and a extra op reflector,then you order the MC-E pill and extension tube yourself, then you have the best of both worlds, a thrower and flood ,this is such a great light with all the options available.

Yes, that's a good idea providing that there is an additional $70+ available in funds!

Sector7

Enlightened
exactly what I was thinking along those lines, just grabbed the 3sd R2 while its available now and when there are more funds get the MC-E pill later with the OP for a versatile thrower or flood when needs demand...:grin2:

KeukaLite

Newly Enlightened
Well Danos0012, I just sent a PayPal to FlashCrazy for my new DBS. I wasn't sure what to order, so I sent him a note with what I wanted, and he sent me back the following note:

"Ok, what you want is the DBS V2 3SM R2 (WC tint). It has 3 levels, takes 2 x CR123, 2 x RCR123 rechargeables, or 2 x 18650's (with optional extension tube).
I do have the R2 version in stock. It's $131, and the extension tube is $12. So $143 total, free shipping."

So I sent the PayPal, and now I can't wait!!!! I went with the Dereelight due to ease of upgrading in the future instead of purchasing additional lights. The addiction continues....:D:sssh:!

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
So I sent the PayPal, and now I can't wait!!!! I went with the Dereelight due to ease of upgrading in the future instead of purchasing additional lights. The addiction continues....:D:sssh:!

You won't have to wait very long. You should have it by Friday. FlashCrazy ships quickly.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much agreed. The DBS "system" of interchangable pills and now LED types (MCE) is great. I picked up a V2 and R2 & MCE and both live up to the hype.
Even if something comes along that technically outhrows the V2, it's versatility and pocketabilty make it a keeper IMHO.

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
The 3SD R2 sounds like the best option but www.torchworld.com.au only have the 3SM with the R2! Should i just go for that and get an extension tube with 2 18650's? Also unfortunately torchworld doesn't have the extension tube!! :sigh:
I dont know what to do!!!

KeukaLite

Newly Enlightened
The 3SD R2 sounds like the best option but www.torchworld.com.au only have the 3SM with the R2! Should i just go for that and get an extension tube with 2 18650's? Also unfortunately torchworld doesn't have the extension tube!! :sigh:
I dont know what to do!!!

Contact FlashCrazy here in the CPF marketplace, or just send him a PM (Private Message). I was totally confused about which Dereelight to buy, so I told him what I wanted in a light, and he rattled off the right model numbers. He does have the extension tube in stock, and FREE shipping! Really, you need to contact him!!

FlashCrazy, are you there?

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Flashcrazy doesnt post to Australia does he? I was looking at his thread earlier and he had everything i wanted!
Ah i'll have to make a decision soon