Tactical Beam Flashlights - Eagletac T10C2

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I just want to extend a big :twothumbs and thank you to Jeremy Morris over at Tactical Beam FLashlights, http://www.tbflashlights.com/

After having read all the positive comments, reviews, comparisons on the Eageltac T10C2, I figured that I had to add one of these little gems to my increasingly growing collection. I contacted both Jeremy Morris and 4sevens. At this point, I had the itch and wanted the light immediately and NOW. Jeremy was the first to get back to me with a price + shipping to Canada. I will say that his price although higher than 4sevens (when they did get back to me) was only so because of the shipping costs. I spent 2 days going back and forth with Jeremy with questions and getting answers. In the end, I decided to go with 2 of the Eagletacs, 1 for myself and 1 for my father. The intended use of these lights would be for cell searching and Unit/Cell inspections/extractions (we are both Corrections Officers).

Back quickly to the costs, TB Flashlights sells the Eagletac for $63.50 and shipping to Canada being around $28.50.

4sevens on the other hand, without shipping upgrades, the T10C2 light ships for free. Its price is $66.50 USD. Priority shipping is + $15, and Express shipping is + $35.

After having decided to get 2 of the Eagletacs, Jeremy gave me an even better price than the would be cost $155.50 (shipping included).

The lights were ordered on Nov 28th, shipped on Nov 29th and they arrived on Dec 8th. The lights were very well packaged and arrived very quickly in my opinion. Another big thank you to Jeremy Morris, great job :twothumbs.

Now my thoughts, opinions and review on the Eagletac T10C2. Keep in mind that I am by no means an expert here, these are only my thoughts and impressions.

Upon opening the package and doing a quick look over of the T10C2, I felt that the finish is easily comparable if not better than any of the other lights I currently own (various modded Surefire 6PD's, a Fenix T1 and several others). The light is small, easily fits in ones hand, or could be used as an EDC.

Next I began to unscrew the head and tailcap from the body. All pieces unscrew and screw back together very easily and very smoothly. No issues whatsoever at all here.

Finally I put in a freshly charged set of Tenergy 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries. Upon turning on this mini beast (I had made sure prior to clicking it on that I had it set on low) I was more than impressed. The low had a very smooth clear beam and very bright hot spot on the wall. The transition fro mthe hotspot on out was very very smooth. The wall was free of any shadow spots. Next I twisted the body and turned it on to HIGH. Well MY OH MY! this little unit is definitely a powerful beast! The amount of light coming out of something so small was beyond my expectations and was VERY impressive. I now couldn't wait until it was night and I could see how it really performs.

A few hours later and WOOHOO... I was able to now compare the T10C2 to my Surefire 6PD (wolfeyes D26), Fenix T1, Surefire G2 (Malkoff high output) and a Mag 3D with a Malkoff drop in as well.

Upon comparing these 5 lights in the basement, my happiness with my T10C2 grew even more. As far as hotspot, smoothness of light pattern, amount of spill, the T10C2 beat them all hands down. Once outside (difficult to really judge the throw - it is winter, alot of snow already and any city lights make everything lit up regardless of being night or being within or out of city limits) I found the Eagletacs throw to easily be more than the Fenix T1 and 6PD with the D26 drop in. The side spill was more than the Mag 3D with the Malkoff drop in, and the smoothness of the beam better than the High output Malkoff in my G2. What a phenominal little product this is!

As for photos, I am not a good photgrapher, specially night shots or beamshots. I will leave those to the pros. Hope this helps anyone making a decision to purchase one of these beauties.

Once again, thank you Jeremy Morris over at Tactical Beam FLashlights, http://www.tbflashlights.com/

:D

The Sun

Enlightened
if the T10C2 impressed you, you should try the T10C. i love them both dearly. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very pleased to hear you like it, especially put besides those strong contenders. I'm pleased because I ordered one myself earlier today. :D Now I just have to suffer the wait with the free standard shipping.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed on the T10C2. I use unprotected soshine 123 batteries from DX, and the performance is excellent.

You might consider taking the price comparisons out of your post. There are a number of great dealers who support CPF- and we really shouldn't get into a price fight . Let the CPF members decide what they will.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It beats the T1, the D26 and the malkoff dropin.. I'm getting one.