prank ideas for camping trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus125

Enlightened
We are going camping on Friday with a friend who is very much scared of ghosts and the supernatural. It will be just the 3 of us, but 2 of us are trying to brainstorm pranks. The best idea thus far is leaving a hidden tape recorder to play in say 10 min increments weird sounds, maybe a scream, then shouting, and say its a ghosts. We will be in a pretty remote area with noone else for miles so it will be believeable.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
OK start now.

Mention in passing things you have heard about that area.

Watch the Blair Witch Project with the victim or alone just to take notes.

Set the tape delay for more than 10 minutes. 36?

Any chance of finding an accomplice to show up in the night, have fun, and leave quickly?

Think about rigging up small led "ghost lights" Via remote!

Missing shoes is a classic!

Pretending to be lost for 2 days could really freak him out too.

Go out a day ahead of time and dig a nice quiet grave beside the trail, leave a simple cross up and leave it nice and open with tools lying near. :eek:oo:

Suggest a nice long night hike, if you are only in the tent at night then it isn't very spooky unless you count smelling farts and stinky feet as spooky.

Also if you each have a tent quietly packing up in the night and leaving the camp's line of sight while he sleeps is funny.

Perhaps it would be easier to make him think it is just vandals instead of ghosts. Just a thought.

Gunshots and screaming in the night will startle just about anyone. :devil:

Last edited:

Culhain

Enlightened
First, please make sure that your prank victim is not carrying a firearm.

Once he is sound asleep, unstake the front of his tent and make sure that the door is blocked with sagging tent fabric. If your prank victim is not the type to panic, alternatively, you could use string to tie together the tent's front zipper pulls.

Then, using a very high power spotlight (car headlight brighness) start lighting up his tent with momentary blasts. Blast the light just enough to make him stir, but not come completely awake. Next play your ghost wails sound track in short intervals.

Then when your victim is awake, run your own tent's zipper pulls up and down rapidly to simulate opening a tent and run around in a disheleved manner asking loudly WTFWT.

This trick was actually pulled on me at our local Two Sisters haunted camp site. In planning the trip, the guy with the idea of camping there had told some stories of the camp site being supposedly haunted. ( Our trip planning was accomplished at a pub over a few adult beverages.) Then on the way down to the campsite, someone mentioned that they hoped the site was not really haunted. Our prankster trip sponsor laughed and asked if we really believed in ghosts.

Overall, the prank execution was almost perfect.

[I got even the following New Year's Eve when our prankster joined us at a local state park for our regular Escape Party. The prankster did not have a winter weight sleeping bag that could handle the 10*F lows, but since the state park had electric hookups he brought a ceramic heater to use in his tent. Once he was sleeping peacefully, I unplugged his heater. When he started tossing and turning, I would plug in the heater. This went off and on for about two hours. Finally when the champange was gone, my girl friend de jour started giggling and woke everyone up.]

Cheers and remember that paybacks are a biotch.

Illum

Flashaholic
Take him "snipe" hunting.:D

that night just might end with sheer frustration...you really have to go pre dawn or after dusk and a really good scope:nana:

• Rig up some brush the previous day with fishing nylon, run the "rope" around trees and bottlenecks and have some friends pull them around...
  • place open end bottles where the wind blows
  • Rig up deadfalls that are held up in trees with slipknots, no not to knock your friend out but get the "thud" "roll" "crash" with them falling on the underbrush
  • If you have an old white T-shirt...you could shred that, stain some with blood [something with hemoglobin in it, not just food coloring] and run it through the laundry a couple of times for that stained look and then lay them around the place, don't worry...blood never washes out:(
  • Dig a flat ditch below where you plan to set his tent up, old termite infested plywood under a thin layer of dirt on top for the tent to sit on, rig up a simple support using wood and preferraly metal wire leading under dirt or leaves to somewhere else, then all you would have to do is get an ATV or something motorized and give the wire a tug to send andrenaline into your friends system having the tent just drop half a feet or so on one side. [half feet to one feet on one corner won't hurt...but anymore you might risk breaking one of those fiberglass tent supports]
When it comes to having fun, it really depends on imagination...

I've been spotlighted before...but it wasn't as scary as a bear silouette cutout walking around the tent in front of the glowing campfire...:candle:

Last edited:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is he with snakes?
Bring the subject around gradually and casually, then let it drop.

When he gets into his bag and finds a damp piece of rope, he will remember...

It can also be fun for just you to let him in on something you and the others have planned.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Some good ideas here...

My idea,
In the middle of night:
Get some fake blood, put on old chlothes, rip em up abit, pour some blood on the tent (make sure its washable) and all over yourselves, so you look like you have been attacked by a bear, dingo, etc. Then start yelling HELP HELP #$%#@ HELP $#^&$*%^$ HELP, Play some bear noises or something vicious sounding on the tape recorder heaps loud, then all of a sudden quiet.

Man, he will get the fright of his life when he inches toward your tent in the dead of night woken by your screams and wild animal noises, to find you blood soaked and not moving....:eek:

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
I'd go for weird sounds and leave it at that. A tape recorder off a way in the bushes set with a delay somehow.
Don't need overkill. Subtlety is best for long lasting disturbing memories :devil:
He'll spend the rest of his life wondering just what the heck "was out there" that night! :laughing:

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are evil! I don't know how you folks do it in your state, but make sure the dude doesn't carry a gun somewhere ;)

exodus125

Enlightened
yea the recording thing i think is the best bet. My friend has a digital recorder that has room for several hrs, although the grave thing would be the cherry on top maybe set it up right near the camping area.

The funny thing is the area we will be in IS said to be haunted.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm all for a good prank as long as the person is a good sport. My wife has similar fears and I would never do anything like that to her. I think you should just do what you think your friend can handle because playing with someone's fears may not be considered good natured fun. I've seen some pranks almost ruin friendships.

Illum

Flashaholic
Man, he will get the fright of his life when he inches toward your tent in the dead of night woken by your screams and wild animal noises, to find you blood soaked and not moving....:eek:

If I was the one doing it, the friend might find me covered in fake blood and spit choking from laughing:D

exodus125

Enlightened
we have been feeding him mis-information all day and now he is saying we should not stay out there the entire night so he can sleep at home :poke::party:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Take him "snipe" hunting.:D

Then ask him to find a left handed smoke shifter.

If you can find any bones, I used to have a collection of animal skulls, create a pile of bones with some feathers and any other odd items and maybe some fake blood. Construct this where he will come across it on his own, and when he freaks out, you can say, Yeah, I heard about some voodoo ritualistic #$*%^& going around here but I thought that it was only a joke.:eek:oo:

Illum

Flashaholic
I used to have a collection of animal skulls,

:eek:oo:... :green: ... :candle: ...:wtf: ...:whistle:
Only skulls I've owned was from a turtle, a raccoon, and a cat, but I threw them all out, I'm just not used to find myself being stared down by empty eye sockets:duh2:

At best I've only worked with owl pellets, a @#$% to find and if you decide to spread that around his mess tin you'll soon realize its a @#$% to clean up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.