Carry bezel up or down?

Splat_NJ

Newly Enlightened
So I'm building a Kydex duo holster for my Cybertool 34 and my Jetbeam Jet-II Pro. It's so much easier to slip the Jetbeam into the holster bezel-up but I'm leary the lense will get scratched easily. So how do you carry your torch in your holster, bezel up or down and why?

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I like bezel down, that way the tailcap is sticking up and when I go to deploy the light my thumb is already on the switch.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like bezel down also for that reason cosmos7809 suggests ,but depending on what light I use! for side switch or control ring then bezel up would be prefered so really it depends on the switch position IMO i.e tail cap switch bezel down,side or control ring switch then bezel up :D

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I carry my G2 bezel up for the simple reason that that is the only way it fits into my BCC holster. :D I have been carrying it that way for about two years now and have absolutely no scratches or mars on my lens. Of course, I have a Pyrex lens from flashlightlens, since I got tired of melting my Lexan ones. I also got a lockout tailcap to replace the original, since I bought my G2 before they changed to the LO tailcap. Seems that when I slouched in my computer chair just the right way, I would press down on the body and turn the lamp on. Since my holster has a very nice flap on it, I wouldn't see it one, and it apparently held in enough extra heat that my lens would bubble. Sorry, probably TMI for the topic.

As far as the discussion goes, it really doesn't make any difference to me up or down. I have to give the tailcap that half twist to unlock either way. I have developed a habit that is extremely rapid for my bezel up carry, and I can see how a bezel down carry would also be a very easy way to get into action.

winston

Enlightened
I think it depends on where on your belt it's going to sit. If it's back far enough, bezel-up is going to facilitate a more natural wrist position. If it's going to ride near your back pocket, grabbing it with your wrist straight and your thumb pointing at the ground feels a little more natural - at least to me. I've also used an open-top holster for four years and I guess I attribute any lens scratches to haphazardly throwing the light in my lockert at the end of my shift.:oops: I should probably stop doing that.
-Winston

D-Dog

Enlightened
I like bezel down, that way the tailcap is sticking up and when I go to deploy the light my thumb is already on the switch.

Same here... Find it is much easier to grab one handed and activate quickly. Otherwise you have to rotate it in your hand and risking dropping it or at the very least "deploying" it slower :grin2:

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
I think it depends on where on your belt it's going to sit. If it's back far enough, bezel-up is going to facilitate a more natural wrist position. If it's going to ride near your back pocket, grabbing it with your wrist straight and your thumb pointing at the ground feels a little more natural - at least to me. I've also used an open-top holster for four years and I guess I attribute any lens scratches to haphazardly throwing the light in my lockert at the end of my shift.:oops: I should probably stop doing that.
-Winston

+1 :thumbsup: It all depends where on you're belt you like to carry it!