Arc LS vs. Surefire E1E/KL1

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Main difference, besides price, is beam color. ArcLS is still whiter and brigher than the E1e-KL1. And if you opt for the LSH (high dome), it'll throw its beam much farther than the KL1...

batterystation

Enlightened
I should have asked sooner. Never owned anything of that caliber, just Infinities and Expeditions. I might just order one of those $60 "specials" from Arc.
Thank you.

future lights

kenneth540

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting a LSH Premium and wonder how it will compare to my E2E+KL1.

Thanks,
Kenneth

SUREFARC

Enlightened
LHSP is bright and the whitest out there. 2 hours' runtime is pretty good to me. It's clickie tailcap is way cool. It's powerful and compact. Great choice for EDC.

dilettante

Newly Enlightened
I have both. Suffice it to say I have not carried the KL1/E1e since I received LSH-P 021 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My only misgivings were the LSH-P's clickie tail switch, which looked like it could turn on intermittantly in my pocket and the lens.

The switch has not been a problem, to date. I even bought a twisty tailcap, but the LSH-P is a good size for my hand. The KL1/E1e is and even better fit for my hand but not my pocket.

I am still looking for a better way to protect the LSH-P's lens. The factory lens protector started peeling off immediately. I might try the SureFire beam shaper some people have adapted to the ARC LS. Anyone know why ARC did not use a glass lens?

At first I did not notice much of a difference in brightness between the LSH-P and KL1/E1e. The difference really shows in the throw. The LSH-P lights up the far end of my basement much better. I did notice a significant difference in color. My KL1/E1e is noticeably blue. My LSH-P is white with just the slightest hint of green . . .

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had both(sold the E1E/KL1) because they were almost identical in throw and brightness but the arc beam was whiter and more pleasing to my eye.The KL1 beam had a purplish hot spot and was very , very unappealing to me. I guess I sold the KL1 partly because I thought surefire should have done better and I didn't need both similar type lights as edc. I now carry an arc lsh-s on my key chain and an E2E in my other pocket.

Latest posts