Newbie here with a specific question

Jetsrb32

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone,

I am a member of Knifeforums and people told me to post my question over here in CPF.

Does anyone know anything about this light or this brand?

iTP C10T Tactical LED Flashlight--CREE 7090-XR-E Q5--230 Lumens

I am looking at this flashlight to be used for EDC/General purpose and Camping/Hiking

(I am not very knowledgeable in the area of flashlights except for the fact that they run off batteries and when you turn it on a light appears :D)

Thanks in advance for all your help

:twothumbsSteven:twothumbs

Last edited by a moderator:

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: To tell you the truth I had never heard of that specific flashlight, however I did a quick search on google and found this:
* LED type: Premium Cree XR-E Q5
* Made of aerospace grade aluminium alloy
* Hard finish with Type 3 anodization
* Aluminium alloy reflector with half smooth and half orange peel
* Unique infinitely variable digital -controlled brightness system. Selects any output level from 6 lumens to 230 lumens with lockout memory feature.
* Tactical switch with momentary on function (Forward clicky)
* Working voltage range: 3.0V to 8.4V
* Compatible with 2 x CR123A, 2 x RCR123A, 1 x 17670
* Constant current output control system
* Comes with holster and accessories (Spare o-rings, silicone tail caps)

I mean, the text looks decent for the price tag, however I would try to at least use it in person before buying. If you plan to be (probably not for long) a casual flashlight user, have you thought about a single AAA battery flashlight like a fenix which you could carry on your keychain? What are your specific needs? Maybe by telling us, more people could pinpoint exactly what you need!

HKJ

Flashaholic
iTP is a rather new flashlight manufactur, but make decent lights.
I got their other models but not the C10. It has a very nice function to adjust the light output.

Before your buy the light, check you prices for CR123 or use RCR123 with much shorter runtime.

1dash1

Enlightened
Jetsrb32:

Pictures and additional info here. (Use coupon code "CPFuser" for a 6% discount.)

Here's what Selfbuilt had to say about C10's little brother, the C9:
"This is the second offering by ITP, and it's a very impressive light for the price. The overall design and build are of very high quality, with good consideration of key build features. Similarly, fit and finish is very good (except for the lettering, which ITP assures will be back to at least the high standard of the C6 on the final shipping version). Screw thread action is particularly smooth, and the light has performed consistently and reliably since its arrival. :)

I was particularly impressed by the simple interface (i.e. no potential problems with rapid switching or tail-clicking - just loosen to ramp, tighten to save). Frankly, I'm surprised no one thought of this mechanism before - it's remarkably intuitive - although it does limit the number of extra modes or features you can have. This is why there are no strobe or SOS modes on Tactical version - additional modes can only be added through a tailcap press, and forward clickies are not very convenient for that. Of course, to each his own here ... at the very least, I think ITP has added an interesting new simple-to-use option to the continuously-variable playing field."
Reference link to Selfbuilt's Review. (I'd expect the beam patterns to be similar, except the C10 will be brighter. Many of the review comments about feature set and build quality would apply to both flashlights.)

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
After reading the following posts, it seems like a good option then... Once, again, like HKJ said, consider the prices of the primary batteries or the option of buying rechargeables vs. more regular found and cheaper batteries. If you can afford 123's by all means its a great option, if you dont wanna pay extra for premium working and long shelve-life batteries, then you should probably look for an alternative...Ahhh, what the hell, go for it, and post your impressions :nana: !!