DZ's Mules - Cree XR UV, Cree MC-E & SSC P7 Bi-Flupic LEs

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
For those of you who know me by now know that I'm not a fan of mules / flood beams. However these two mules may have just convinced me otherwise? :whistle:

(Bi-Flupic)

Cree XR UV PD Mule (1A High):
IMG_6799.jpg

Img_6809.jpg

Cree MC-E Bi-Flupic LE (Burst 2.8A):
Img_6979.jpg

Cree MC-E Bi-Flupic GITD LE:
Img_6980.jpg

SSC P7 Bi-Flupic LE:
Img_6991.jpg

Img_6993.jpg

Img_6996.jpg

Thanks for looking. :wave:

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, your mods are soooo freaking CLEAN!!:cool:

You have some great skills!:twothumbs

That is quite the combo you have there.
How does the beam differ between the MC-e and the P7?
Is there a noticable difference?
Have you tried reflectors with both and if so what seems to work well with what? Sorry about all the questions but it's good to get others input..:grin2:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks Tim. I really enjoy your mods as well!

As mules, the MC-E & P7 aren't all that different besides tint. I like the P7 better, It appears a bit brighter to me.

The only reflector I've tried the mate with a MC-E was a McR-27 but not by choice. The McR-27 needs to be shortened quite a bit to come into focus but is floody. Unfortunately the only Aleph head I have currently is a A3 so I won't get around to testing any reflectors soon. Even though the dies are closer to each other on the MC-E I think it still needs a deep reflector for a nice.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks fellas! I learned from all you guys here! :twothumbs :wave:

(Pics updated)

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You ever thought about slapping a 083 into a PD mule? I think it would be the bee's knees!:naughty:

Mayo

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't believe I just now ran across this thread :ohgeez: As everyone else has commented, beautiful work!! I agree with you about Mules generally speaking, they're just not for me. But I will say that McGizmo's Ti PD Mule is the COOLEST FREAKING HEAD on any light that I can recall!!! Of any light that I've bought only to end up reselling later on, this one hurts the most. Had I known that I could have simply sent it to you for a special treatment, I may have still owned it to this day. Nice job Will:bow: