worn out surefire rubber boot switch!!

seale_navy

Enlightened
hello there...

i was just wondering what happen if a surefire rubber boot switch is worn out? firstly it will be ugly spot on the surefire lights..

as we know surefire warranty does not cover worn off switch...

are we supposed to buy a new switch which is really expensive...?

what if the switch is a limited one.. for example like the E1B tailcap for example, or the L1 ,L2 tail cap, or the A2 Aviator tailcap for instance...that we dont even have the option to buy it..

did anyone tried sending back their worn off switch to surefire and asking them to replace the rubber boot for a small charge...?

advise needed...

cheers...

Size15's

Flashaholic
are we supposed to buy a new switch which is really expensive...?
Whilst replacement parts can be expensive, purchasing a new TailCap is the method SureFire offer for replacing the worn rubber switch boots.

what if the switch is a limited one.. for example like the E1B tailcap for example, or the L1 ,L2 tail cap, or the A2 Aviator tailcap for instance...that we dont even have the option to buy it..
The E1B and E2D/E2DL TailCaps are regular production items (not limited editions) and although they don't get Z-numbers, they can be ordered directly from SureFire.
The L1/L2/A2 TailCap is Z62 and can easily be ordered by any SureFire Dealer.

An example of a limited edition TailCap would be ones in a rare colour.
In this case the first step would be to give SureFire a call as they may have kept spares. If they do not have spares, they may be able to accept the TailCap back to have its rubber switch boot replaced.

Al

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you could try replacing it your self. Deal extreme has a lot of replacement rubber boot switches. orange, GITD, black.

taking about a LOTC is rather easy. At least the early ones. pop the spring out and remove the hex screw with an allen wrench. then remove the rest with a dime or big fat screwdriver.

I have not tried this on a modern LOTC as there seems to be something blocking the hex screw. I think it might be solder but i have not tested this theory.

seale_navy

Enlightened
surefire replaced my tailcap because of a worn through boot

well.. i called surefire USA from the UK not too long ago..

the guy on the phone was not specifically clear though. he said that i have to refer to my local distributor 1st, then only go throught them...

but he did say that if it was the normal wear and tear.. they might need to have a look and see whether to replace it...

however, his answer was quite vague i must say.

did they actually send a new one to u without u sending ur worn off tailcap?

well, its hard to get surefire customer support here in the UK though compared to USA..

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
Surefire has replaced mine several times over the years by just sending me a new tailcap. You can buy the rubber boots at The Sandwich Shoppe for the E series tailcaps.

Latest posts