Can an EX10 Drive an MC-E Cree?

jag-engr

Enlightened
I just noticed this thread where eprom is selling J-bin MC-E 5A emitters. They are rated for 320 lumens at 350 ma. If I'm not mistaken, that's the output of the EX10 on max.

Does that mean that the EX10 can put out 320 lumens with the MC-E 5A installed? Would it require more voltage than one cell could supply? Would it run for any length of time?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed this thread where eprom is selling J-bin MC-E 5A emitters. They are rated for 320 lumens at 350 ma. If I'm not mistaken, that's the output of the EX10 on max.

Does that mean that the EX10 can put out 320 lumens with the MC-E 5A installed? Would it require more voltage than one cell could supply? Would it run for any length of time?

That is 350mA per emitter die. In the case of the MC-E, there are four. So the current that is being supplied to the current emitter will need to be divided by 4.

jag-engr

Enlightened
That is 350mA per emitter die. In the case of the MC-E, there are four. So the current that is being supplied to the current emitter will need to be divided by 4.

I was thinking that the emitters were getting 87.5ma each, but that wouldn't really account for them putting out 80 lumens each, would it...?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ratings are when the individual dies are wired in series, then its 350 mA

when wiring in parallel, one would have to give 4 times the power and has the same problems as when using a P7.
makes no sense