Is my Ultrafire wf-502b faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makrinos001

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my Ultrafire WF-502b from DE.com. I placed my protected 18650 battery in and it didnt work. I pressed the clicker several times, and it would click, then not click, then click, and so on. Now it is randomly clicking. I placed a washer in the end and it lit up without the end cap in. I know the washer is completing the circuit, thus powering the cree, so does this mean my clicker is faulty? Also if I shake just the end cap, I hear a rattle sound...doesnt look/sound good for me! Ugh I just got it after 2 weeks and I really dont want to wait longer...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Make sure the switch pill is tightened securely in the cap. My 501B had a flicker problem when I first got it. I just tightened the switch pill with the tips of a needle nose pliers and its worked fine since.

If that doesn't work, pursue an RMA with DX. If you follow the steps on the www site they will replace it as a DOA. It takes ~3-4 additional weeks and is slow, but they will honor it.

They recently sent me a wrong item. I returned it, taking pics and following the necessary steps, they corrected the error and sent me the right item... no questions asked.

Sounds like a bum clicky... a VERY common failure mode.

**edit**
Just a heads-up..
CPF is not the place to discuss DX RMA returns and customer service. So I am not going to comment on it any further (already my comments put your thread at risk of being locked). DX has a very good forum of their own, where you can discuss these things, and there's always the cheers/Jeers section of the marketplace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.