best d cell type light

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i did search but this answer changes so fast i am starting to be a fan of d cells because they have lots of life in em so im looking for a 2 or 3 cell flashlight or any d cell laterns light i have the lowes 2 cell c cell ligh that was 19.99 id love to find a d cell thats like the c cell one

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the cheaper the better i dont care about looks but id like it to be a cree q5 led if i can or what ever is the best led bulb now

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your best bet with d-cells is a mag with a drop in. On the low end check out the terralux dropins. Here is a list of your drop in choices:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193434

As far as lanterns I have a coleman led lantern which I like and I saw this one which I dont own but looks nice too:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(35z4oa45e3y0td45gatotm55)/productdetails.aspx?sku=3257912&source=GoogleBase

the one thing with these lanterns is they are often too bright to look at directly, so I've found covering them with a thin plastic grocery bag often works really well.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ill check out that lantern the lantern i have is the worst one made im sure i loaded it up with batts then went to use it one day and they was already discharged its called the inovage outdoor

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you like the coleman lamps, make sure you go through their family store with the password "family" for the best deals.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did search but this answer changes so fast i am starting to be a fan of d cells because they have lots of life in em so im looking for a 2 or 3 cell flashlight or any d cell laterns light i have the lowes 2 cell c cell ligh that was 19.99 id love to find a d cell thats like the c cell one

ive got a $50 malkoff and a $30 terralux for my D mags.

both are very bright and run a long time.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
or if you're on a budget

Maglite 3D + KD Q5 Drop In

+1

Pay a couple of $$$ more and get the aspherical kit, which includes the Q5
dropin kit ..... :D