Gladius Mods...is Strategos good to go?

testosterone

Newly Enlightened
First, thanks for taking the time to read and help me out. And I hope this is in the correct forum, if not I apologize and please move it to the right place.
Out of all of the lights I have, the Gladius is by far my favorite to use while at work. Its comfortable to hold and the UI is simple for me to operate. It just isn't as brite as my other lights. Also, I have a syndrome which does not allow me to carry a light that is not brighter than everyone else who I work with.

I've been researching mods on the Gladius and found some good info. I am just not comfortable in taking the light apart to mod it myself. The best alternative I've found so far is Strategos International. For about 70 bucks (including return shipping) they will replace the origional LED with a Seoul P4 to take it to 160 lum.

Is this a reputable outfit? Do they do good work? Any other options out there??

Thanks again.

Henry

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
I had two lights done by them a while back. One came back acting as if it had a loose connection. I just lived with it until recently. I contacted them and even though it's outside of their warranty, they're repairing it and even sent me the shipping label. Very good service.

You might also check with "milkyspit" right here on the forum.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I modded the gladius myself. it is VERY VERY EASY. HOWEVER I was lucky. I tried to help my buddy and mod his gladius and we couldnt get the head off. we tried boiling the light. Now looking back I think it would have been better to bake the light in an oven rather than boil it.