Jetbeam Jet III M

timsmile

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone:grin2:
I own a E2DL, and i'm really impressed by its brightness :whistle:
recently, i've read a few threads about the Jetbeam Jet III M, and i'm quite interested in it!
Is this light brighter than my currently E2DL? Do u think i would have much suprise if i purchase this light?
Thx so much !:laughing:

Kalle

Newly Enlightened
unfortunately the III IBS is brighter than the III M. :(

i´m also searching for a good, bright, compact flashlight which can be fired with 18650 and cr123a, but i don´t know which is the right one...:confused:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
unfortunately the III IBS is brighter than the III M.

All JetBeam III models that I've seen reviewed have been so close in max output that it could be variations in batteries or flux - If you saw all of them side-by-side, you would be unable to tell which is which.

See the numbers here (and keep in mind you'll need at least a 20% difference in output before you can even begin to distinguish it by the eye): https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

madi05

Enlightened
from what i read it was only llike 8% less bright than the ibs pro and again it could be a slight variation in batteries or something that isnt controlled ,, jetbeam shows them being the same so i would think they would be

im learning and i have decided to get me one, i love the fact the m can stand up on that new ss bezel like a candle ,, and it just looks cooler to me for some reason but i dont know if i want to give up one setting mode for that , lol

choices i hate them, lol

but i think the m is simplar to run for me as a newbie

what do u guys think?

thanks
madi05

Norm

Retired Administrator
what do u guys think?
madi05
Very happy with mine, built like a brick outhouse, with the twisty head you always know what brightness level it is on when you push the button, forward clicky is handy too. :thumbsup:
Norm

saabgoblin

Enlightened
I recall reading somewhere that the LED in the Military version isn't driven as hard as the other models which would help preserve the led.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the III-M if you worry too much about a few lumens you won't be choosing the 'Warm' tint version and then you would really be missing out.

timsmile

Newly Enlightened
So, is the Jet III M throw any better the the E2DL? Cuz I'm really looking forward to a nice throwerl:twothumbs

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the III-M if you worry too much about a few lumens you won't be choosing the 'Warm' tint version and then you would really be missing out.

I've had both lights and used them both outdoors. There is nothing to miss with the warm version. All the lumens your eyes can use are there. In fact, I can distinuish objects at the same distance better with the warm version. I guess all the blue light the cool version supplies as lumens is not useful to the eye.

Kalle

Newly Enlightened
i think it´s very sadly that the Military is unregulated with 18650!

The same with other flashlights!

What the hell is this for? Nobody wants to fire his flashlights with 200 CR123As per year. That´s about 200$...

So the Jet-III I.B.S. is the most interesting version for me...

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why is unregulated on 18650 a bad thing? Compared to the Encore, for instance, It's brightest option, with best efficiency (area under the curve) and longer runtime to 50%. You also get plenty of warning it's time to change the cell. What's not to love?

Encore-Hi18650.gif

Kalle

Newly Enlightened
You don´t get the full power with unregulated 18650 use. And for me shorter runtime with maximum power is more interesting.
If you look at the graphics at light-reviews you can see that the output for example at the Olight M20 is way lower than with regulated CR123A use.
http://www.light-reviews.com/olight_m20/

Se same with the Jetbeam Jet-III M, Fenix TK11, Tiablo A9 and so on...

Last edited:

1996alnl

Enlightened
Hi everyone:grin2:
I own a E2DL, and i'm really impressed by its brightness :whistle:
recently, i've read a few threads about the Jetbeam Jet III M, and i'm quite interested in it!
Is this light brighter than my currently E2DL? Do u think i would have much suprise if i purchase this light?
Thx so much !:laughing:

I find them about the same.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Why is unregulated on 18650 a bad thing?

Encore-Hi18650.gif

I also don't see how this is a bad thing. Especially since this light's 50% is at least 100 lumens (based on advertised max lumens).

And for me shorter runtime with maximum power is more interesting.

I guess it will depend on what is the "shorter runtime" and the "max power" are. I doubt you'd like a 1000-lumen light for 5 mins ;-).

Kidding aside, I guess it all depends on the application. Hogokansatsukan's room sweeper is a good example. 650 lumens for less than an hour works for that type of application. But not real good when you're backpacking.

1996alnl

Enlightened
For backpacking or camping a 18650 unregulated light is the way to go.
A Olight M20 with 4 freshly charged 18650 cells will give me more light than i need for a 4 day camping trip.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
my Jet III Pro St draw 1.35 A in the highest setting (original).

Changed that to a "safe" 1 A and thus improved runtime, while brightness will be affected hardly noticeable (maybe only in direct comparison with a 2nd light)
... thats the real plus of the I.B.S.: You can set whatever is of importance for YOU.

the plus of a semi-unregulated led light is, that one gets some time of warning and declining light,
the Pro ST is still hot to handle and bright and suddenly stops working, surprises me every time - cuz I am still used to a Flupic semi-regulated light that does not do this on such a total on/off level.

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened

The same with other flashlights!

What the hell is this for? Nobody wants to fire his flashlights with 200 CR123As per year. That´s about 200$...

So the Jet-III I.B.S. is the most interesting version for me...
If you don't like "semi-regulated" (I wouldn't call it unregulated), don't use 18650s. But you don't have to use primaries either, you can use 2x 16340s or even 2x 18350s (yes, I know they're unprotected).