Excellent Flashlight Story

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I friend of mine finally broke down and got his first real flashlight, a Surefire G2Z with a 120 Lumen HOLA and a few boxes of batteries. He was so happy, he loved the power and could not wait to show it to his friends who were all going on a camping trip. He told me several times he was really looking forward to showing off the power to newbie campers.

So there he is with about 8 people real dark at night, and the only light had by others was a basic mini mag light. So he goes to whip out the SF G2Z, and realized he forgot to PACK IT!!! He was so dissapointed because he had to borrow a minimag from someone else.

He tried to explain his light was superior to theirs, but they really didn't seem to believe him and continued with mini mag lites. He was very frustrated because he could impress no one.

Now he carries it every day.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
As we say, "The best flashlight is the one you have with you when you need it".

Eight Tigerlights?

Brightnorm

Catapult

Enlightened
Oh, man, forgetting the most important thing when one has prepared for that moment, especially when really looking forward to it.

You know, people are still impressed by the output of MiniMag-Lites on fresh batteries. Along with my modded ones, I still have an unmodded Mag and it still doesn't cease to impress. That is until I take out my other Mag (but didn't tell them it was an InReTech with lithiums).

Drjones

Enlightened
Well, that sorta sucks, but your friend should count his lucky stars he didn't actually NEED the flashlight!

IMO, flashlight, gun and knife are more valuable than food when out in the wild.

ChrisA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, flashlight, gun and knife are more valuable than food when out in the wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure... maybe a bit harder to chew but who cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Drjones

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisA said:
sure... maybe a bit harder to chew but who cares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you have a Glock! Mmmmm..plastic....