Nu-flare 77R92L Luxeon Rebel 90?

Arkiv N

Newly Enlightened
Anyone seen this light before?
http://www.soundsofsoul.com/cgi-bin...ed.cgi?Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=B001LYYO10
Thinking about to buy one for my dad in christmas present. A store here in Sweden sells it for 37.12 $, compaired to a Surefire E2DL that cost 272.5 $ here. The selcetions of flashlights aren't good here, and not the prices either.

I tried to look up if they/"Nu-flare" have a homepage, but i can't find one. Guess is some poop from Thailand.

200 lumens and 8 hours runtime... yeah right. But if someone tried it, and can say if it's garbage or not i would be glad. And sorry for my bad english;)

rockz4532

Enlightened
hmm, some rebels are recalled by having no lifetime at all, and that is probably a cheapo from DX that is probably gonna break and fail. 200 lumens? with a rebel? yeah right, not from that cheapo!

rockz4532

Enlightened
if you want a quality light, get a Fenix E20, it has very close to 108 lumens, and its 35 dollars. Uses 2 aa batteries, one mode and focusable

Geban

Newly Enlightened
Jag har en NuFlare Rebel 90 och den är det absolut inget fel på.

I´ve got one, and it actualy works great, I use it as my EDC.
It´s not a thrower, although you can adjust the head for a tighter beam pattern and there´s no problem lighing up a rather large area with this little flashlight.

To be honest I´m quite impressed with this little bugger.

Here´s a rewiew of the light
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/twenty1/nf210.htm

Last edited:

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Does anyone know what the dimensions are for the 1xAA focusable NuFlare 78R91AA Luxeon Rebel 90 6W LED Flashlight ?

McAllan

Enlightened
Anyone seen this light before?

Sort of. I had the 2 AA version. They're also available from TeknikMagasinet.

The focus feature is quite nice. Can't say anything about the run time but it wasn't very hard on the batteries. I did measure current draw but I'm sorry I don't remember it now - only that it wasn't very high. Build quality was fine too.
For the output however It's not quite 100 lumen (as stated for the 2 AA version). Don't know if they're emitter lumens disappearing in the optics and/or are just a bit over rated.

Despite the lack of focus ability I'd suggest You take a look at Fenix instead. Either you go for the LD20 or PD30 - the PD30 being comparable in form factor and size/battery choice to the 2 CR123A you've got your eyes on. They can really pump out some light but also has lower modes too. The NuFlare only has one mode.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
icon14.gif
Thank you

[Nu-Flare] Ficklampa Rebel 90 ALX-78R91AA (link)
97mm [3.82"] x 28mm [1.10"] 77g [2.72oz]

[Nu-Flare] Ficklampa Rebel 90 ALX-80R92AA (link)
146mm [5.75"] x 28mm [1.10"] 129g [4.55oz]