Headband for Fenix P2D/P3D/L1D/L2D?

MaxIcon

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a headband or similar hands-free solution that would work with the Fenix P2D/P3D/L1D/L2D style. One that worked with all of them would be great, but one for each battery style would be OK too.

Anybody have any experience with something like this?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
4sevens was selling a headband for Fenix (and other) lights for about $25 over in the marketplace. You could mount a light on each side or a battery carrier on the other side and it would tilt (rotate).

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
I use a Niteyes head band that holds a Minimag, Fenix etc.

Rei has them and I think Battery Junction or Lighthound, maybe Campmor too.

They work great and are about $10 or less. Good quality, works well with the small diameter lights. I use it hiking, working on the car etc...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
NiteIze makes a simple band with wide elastic loops of two sizes and velcro to fasten it on your head. It's not nearly as slick as 4seven's product, but can probably be had for $5-$10. It was originally intended for use with a MiniMag, so most any AA light will work fine. At the moment I can find mine, so I'm not sure if the loops will stretch enough for a P2D or a P3D, but I'd bet it would work. I found mine at an REI store, and they probably can be found at other camping stores. It works okay, but you have to readjust the band to change the angle of the light.

Geoff

Sorry to repeat your info, OCDGearhead. You beat me to it while I was typing.

Last edited:

MaxIcon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback!

The 4sevens version is very nice, and I like the spare battery holder, but I need a small pile of them, mostly for emergency kits, and they're a bit pricey for me.

I found a guy on ebay selling the Nite Ize very cheaply - 12 for about $15 shipped (!) - so those will be a great starting point.

kicken_bright

Newly Enlightened
+1 for Nite Ize!:thumbsup: They are inexpensive, simple, versatile, and still very effective! Not to much to break on this design. They will definitely fit your fenix lights. I've actually shoved my surefire 6P into one of these. With this little headband, I really don't see why anyone would buy a headlamp...but thats just me! :grin2:

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
NiteIze makes a simple band with wide elastic loops of two sizes and velcro to fasten it on your head. It's not nearly as slick as 4seven's product, but can probably be had for $5-$10. It was originally intended for use with a MiniMag, so most any AA light will work fine. At the moment I can find mine, so I'm not sure if the loops will stretch enough for a P2D or a P3D, but I'd bet it would work. I found mine at an REI store, and they probably can be found at other camping stores. It works okay, but you have to readjust the band to change the angle of the light.

Geoff

Sorry to repeat your info, OCDGearhead. You beat me to it while I was typing.

It is a handy product and works like it should. Glad someone else had used it too.

It also allows the hardcore flashaholic to use a variety of his compact lights according to what he needs. It also means you don't have to spring for a headlight.

I tried using it with the Minimag a while ago and was pretty disapointed after using my Fenix lights with it.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Jakstrap is better than a NiteIze headband. The NiteIze one slips off the head too easily and doesn't aim the light anywhere near the ground. A Jakstrap has two loops to let you aim the light somewhat (one points straight forward, one points at a 45 degree angle toward the ground). The Jakstrap is all elastic and stays put instead of slipping off your head when you look down (like it does with the NiteIze one). EMS.com sells the Jakstrap. I think it's around $6.50.

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot.

I wondered what happened to the Jakstrap. I used to use one with my trusty, dim, spotty...Minimag when I was a firefighter way back when. I have not been able to find one for years, and the adjustablility was something I missed with the Nite eyes strap.

edit:
It looks like they are not carrying it any longer.

Last edited:

ddyment

Newly Enlightened
A Google search will turn up a sprinkling of retailers that still have Jakstraps in stock. As soon as I discovered that Liston Concepts had stopped manufacturing them, I stocked up on a supply; it's always been my favourite head strap, and I'm sorry to see it disappear from the market.