Concealed carry flashlight?

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
I would like to carry a EDC light but I wear slacks and a dress shirt to work everyday and my pockets are so full there is no room for a flashlight. Lot of keys, alarm remote, cell phone, coins, and wallet in my pockets and I don't want to wear a light, phone, or any thing else on my belt, so where else to carry a light? Just wondering, does anyone carry a small AAA light on a necklace or chain under their dress shirt or maybe in an ankle holster?

1M1

Newly Enlightened
Well, all you need a small, lightweight light, say an Orb WEE, Orb Al RAW, Aeon, or such.

These can be comfortably worn on a necklace or simply dropped in a shirt pocket.

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
I guess I would need some type of quick detachable hook/clip to carry a light on a necklace. Some of the hoster makers make Nylon or Neoprene ankle holsters to carry cash or a spare magazine but I have never seen one that I liked. If cops carry guns in ankle holsters then a SF G2 might not be too heavy and it would be much more useful than a AAA light. I know a lot of guys carry 15 ounce guns on their ankle but that is about the maximum comfortable weight.

Skyeye

Enlightened
To me, the best concealed carry light would be my Streamlight Nano. It's so small it easily can fit on a neck chain or even a charm bracelet. If you had 2 of them you could make a nice pair of ladies earrings out of them.:cool: Other than that one, the little Husky 1AAA and the Walgreen .5watt Cree is easy to hide anywhere on your person.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider a flashlight which resembles a pen and has a pocket clip. The Streamlight Microstream and Stylus Pro are great penlights and are considerably brighter than older model penlights.

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to carry a EDC light but I wear slacks and a dress shirt to work everyday and my pockets are so full there is no room for a flashlight. Lot of keys, alarm remote, cell phone, coins, and wallet in my pockets and I don't want to wear a light, phone, or any thing else on my belt, so where else to carry a light? Just wondering, does anyone carry a small AAA light on a necklace or chain under their dress shirt or maybe in an ankle holster?

I understand your dilemma. I have to wear dress pants to work daily and carry a lot in my pockets too.

In my left pocket: wallet, iPhone (personal phone), and SF E1B.
In my right pocket: work keys with Fenix E01, car keys with Fenix L0D Q4, Fox OC spray, pen, and Samsung Instinct (work phone)

I've actually found that my SureFire E1B works pretty well with its bezel down pocket clip. I keep inside my left pocket, but clipped to it.

If the E1B is too big, you might consider a Fenix LD01. They are pretty small, yet bright on high and give you the option of med and low. Plus it wont break the bank :).

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've always carried a 1 AAA light in one of my front pant's pockets. This size light has never been a problem. You'll hardly know it's there. There's always room and the weight is negligible. AA lights seem too heavy unless they are clipped.

Geoff

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
I was serching the net and noticed Desantis Holsters has an ankle wallet or a double magazine pouch that might work for me. The more I thought about it, I would like to carry something with some decent power like my SF 6P-R2 or equivalent. I have a construction company and like to be able to shine light in areas to do quality control inspections. There are three or four flashlights in my truck but many times I forget to take a light and don't have the time to walk back and get one. I just wish I could try an ankle rig first before buying it because they sure don't seem like they would be very comfortable.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a L0PSE in a pocket of my dress slacks all the time. I have also carried a Streamlight Stylus or Streamlight Stylus Pro in the breast pocket of my suitcoat next to my Cross pen.

electrothump

Enlightened

I carry an lod in my pocket as my edc pocket lights. Most of the time I can't even tell if it is in there. I also carry other stuff in with it. It's pretty small and lightweight.

DN

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the best is to go with a Streamlight Stylus pro or Microstream like others have said.

Wattnot

Enlightened
OMG a flashlight in an ankle hoster is too nerdy even for us!! PLEASE don't do that! The first time someone sees you accessing your flashlight, after the inital relief of seeing it's not a gun, they will probably ask you to put on your helmet and offer to call your "short bus" for you !!!

Just get an LOD (or the newer model). You'll find it plenty useful.

JBorneu

Enlightened
Check out the Liteflux LF2X. It's the brightest 1AAA light available and it comes with a quick release necklace attachement. It's completely programmable and the brightest setting on a Li-ion cell is as bright as a good AA light (but it won't last very long and don't use unprotected Li-ion cells if you don't know how to use them safely even tough the LF2X has overdischarge protection). It also comes with a sturdy clip so you can clip it to your pocket or inside your socks or whatever.

Death's Head

Enlightened
You can try using in pocket magazine holsters. Holsters that are used to carry pistol mags in your pocket.