fc3180f7.jpg

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
And mine:

homers_brain.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
FC, Perhaps a little more explanation would help me understand what I am looking at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

x-ray, I think you're exaggerating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
FC, Perhaps a little more explanation would help me understand what I looking at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Copy/paste into WORD, then lighten it and you'll see.

Brightnorm

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or click here for the full size version.

FC, give us some more details, hopefully this is just a routine scan and nothing more serious.

Saaby

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:

x-ray, I think you're exaggerating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah must be the camera angle, it's actually much smaller /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
There is acually something serious I have found with his brain. There is a condition that was just found 3 weeks ago called Addictus to Flashlitous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. In fact all of the members of this board are afflicted with it. We are different from the normal human in that we have somehow been strangely addicted to flashlights, some from web surfing and others since birth, and we also collect an unimaginable amount of them.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've had a whole bunch of MRIs and some kitty cat scans when I was in the hospital a few months ago, but I never got to see any of the pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Yours probably looks a whole lot better than mine did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head was negative as they were checking for optical nerve damage or possible MS due to a decreased vision problem, as was the knee for possible tendon damage after an injury but you could see my ruptured achille's tendon quite plainly in the ankle one. I still have my knee ones but I got to see all of them. Really not as much skull as you might think, protecting the brain.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Helmet came off in a fire. 2by4 fell on my head. Intercrainial swelling I got.

Seriously, after a junior beam fell 6-7 feet and hit me in the head, I got bad headache every time I coughed, sneezed, bent my head down, etc... It lasted three weeks. Figured I better go see a doctor. He tells me I should be OK. Will see...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell you what, contrast injection is a *****! They give you a LOT. Seemed like about 100ccs. They stick you in the scanner for about 30 min,then pull you out, and while your head is still stapped to the "cage", stick you with what felt like 10g and inject for very long 3 minutes. Back to the scanner after that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Now speaking like Yoda I think you are. Maybe an improvement this is could be.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:
Tell you what, contrast injection is a *****! They give you a LOT. Seemed like about 100ccs. They stick you in the scanner for about 30 min,then pull you out, and while your head is still stapped to the "cage", stick you with what felt like 10g and inject for very long 3 minutes. Back to the scanner after that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FC,

That really sounds rough, sorry you had to go through it. I have severe claustrophobia and the thought of getting into one of those MRI machines really scares me. I realize that it's completely irrational, and I'm not usually a wuss but there is just something about being closed in. If you don't have this condition it's really impossible to describe.

Hope you make a quick and complete recovery.

Brightnorm

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
I have severe claustrophobia and the thought of getting into one of those MRI machines really scares me. I realize that it's completely irrational, and I'm not usually a wuss but there is just something about being closed in. If you don't have this condition it's really impossible to describe.

Hope you make a quick and complete recovery.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]
Alot of people don't like the confines of the MRI. My wife had an Open MRI. To say she liked it would be an exageration but the other option was a traditional MRI with sedation. Not a good option.

BrightNorm are you sure it wasn't that they wouldn't let you take any flaslights with you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I was able to go and sit next to my wife while she got her scan and I had to remove all metal from my person. No flashlights? now that's scary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, yes. Claustraphobia. I can feel the fear with Brightnorm. Getting into a bathroom stall can make me uneasy. I have since refused to get into an airplane restroom or bus restroom unless I come down with gangreen first...
: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is called Magnetic for a reason. You should see what happens when the cleaning folks come in with the floor buffer and it happens to be running! Extremely powerful magnetic field.

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Now speaking like Yoda I think you are. Maybe an improvement this is could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

fca05f46.gif
Hmmm.... Smoke I see, fire I did not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif