where can i get this?

jgeck90

Newly Enlightened

gillestugan

Enlightened
I assume most people in this forum are into flashlights... I have no idea what that led module you linked to is made for.

Regarding the batterypack and leds:
It's not possible to tell as you don't say what leds you will use and at what current they will be driven.
Your pack can probably deliver up to 10W of power.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can do much better at dealextreme.com. There you can get LEDs with respectable efficiency and pre-installed drivers.

Using Eneloops or other LSD cells, a pack like that can deliver 10A, or about 60W.

jgeck90

Newly Enlightened
I am using these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-pcs-5mm-Whi...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318
I am trying to make these for a guy that has a large scale gasoline powered RC car. I want to make my own battery pack for them. It only needs to last 2 hours tops until recharging. I am pretty much a noob so i dont know what 10a or 6w means. I want to make these in a series so i don't have to use resistors. I will powering 48 LED lights. I just need to figure out how i can power 48 led's with my own rechargable batt pack from the batts shown above withoug burning out the led's
Thanks much.

gillestugan

Enlightened
I would really recommend using a regulated supply. You would both get a stable light level and protect the leds from damage.
But as you're asking about direct drive:

You can try connecting two in series and measure what current you will get with fully charged batteries. If they have a Vf of 3V they will be overdriven when batteries are full. (brighter than normal) and underdriven when battery is getting low.
It's very hard to tell how it will work as the Vf of the leds may vary a lot. Some will have lower Vf and appear brighter, some dimmer.

The leds will suffer when/if being overdriven, meaning they will die after some time but most 5mm leds are quite tough and can stand 50mA for several hundred hours. (at 20mA tens of thousands)
Put several pairs in parallell to conneft more leds. The batteries will easily handle 48 Leds at 20mA.

I would also recommend this FAQ

NorCal2500HD

Newly Enlightened
Using high power emitters would most likely be much easier and brighter in the end.

Exactly......

One of my buddies is making offroad lights for his HPI Baja 5T....this thing will EASILY be able to tear it up in the dunes at night without an issue. He got this idea from this site right here.....
http://bikeled.com/

Look at how the copperhead is made.......the copper pipe plugs are only 3/4" so you get an idea on how big the leds are.......hes making a lightbar with 5 on top and then 2 more in front of the truck.......

jgeck90

Newly Enlightened
I linked you guys to the led's i have. I was just wondering how many cells i should make the batt pack for this to work?

Exactly......

One of my buddies is making offroad lights for his HPI Baja 5T....this thing will EASILY be able to tear it up in the dunes at night without an issue. He got this idea from this site right here.....
http://bikeled.com/

Look at how the copperhead is made.......the copper pipe plugs are only 3/4" so you get an idea on how big the leds are.......hes making a lightbar with 5 on top and then 2 more in front of the truck.......
Thats cool! i want one
I am making these for a baja 5b.