OPINIONS ON A MAG 4D DROP-IN BULB NEEDED

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks,

I have a question for yall.

I was looking around, and I saw that there are some pretty good drop-in bulbs for a Mag 4D host.

I remember seeing a "kit" that someone mentioned in a CPF post, and I think this is the one. (KA MAG DROP-IN KIT). Is this the one that was supposed to be pretty good and powerful?

Below are a few of the other drop-in's I found. I would prefer to have it really bright with a great throw, as it will be used to shine on house address plates from my vehicle.

Malkoff 4P LED

Malkoff Triple LED

Terralux TLE 300M

Terralux TLE 300M (Cheapest, at $60.00 shipped)

Are the triple LED drop-in's the better deal? Are they brighter than the single P4 LED's?

Are there different Terralux TLE 300M drop-in's out there? (I ask because the prices are so different).

And very lastly, what do yall think about the Tiable A10?

Thanks again.

In Christ: Raymond

RaymondMillbrae

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Marduke,

I already have that list.

I was just wanted some PERSONAL OPINIONS, as well as knowing if there was newer technology out there that I was not aware of.

I have also heard that you can "substitute" the D cell bateries with other battery configurations that will supply a stronger and longer power source. Am I correct?

In Christ: Raymond

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
the terralux single led sscp4 is my favorite and probably the best bang for the buck. the terralux 3x led is crap. bright k2's but ugliest beam you ever saw. sold mine within 2 days of receiving it.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Terralux TLE-300 isn't meant for whitewall hunting. It's meant to be used for spotting objects at longer ranges.