REVIEW. MANY REAL BEAMSHOTS: Surefire, Olight, JETBeam, Raidfire, Fenix, Zebralight.

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened
That are real tests with many flashlights which are popular and known.
It was made on secret Russian tank testing area. :)

All photos were made with the same white balance and exposition.
We took different distances: 10, 40, 100 and 250 meters.
Black lines are made each 50cm for 10/40 meters, and each 100cm for 100 meters - then you can see how big is beam diameter.
At the end of 250m distance is white Audi auto. :)
OP - orange peel reflector, SMO - smooth reflector.
For JETBeams was removed "Pro IBS" in model names on photos because that is shorter.

The list of competitors:

Raidfire Spear, SMO (1xAW 18650 Li-Ion 2200mAh)
Surefire E2DL, SMO (Surefire 2xCR123A)
JETBeam JET-III Ultra Pro IBS, SMO (1xAW 18650 Li-Ion 2200mAh)
JETBeam JET-III Ultra Pro IBS, OP (1xAW 18650 Li-Ion 2200mAh)
JETBeam JET-III Pro IBS SMO (1xAW 18650 Li-Ion 2200mAh)
JETBeam JET-III Military Pro IBS, SMO (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
JETBeam JET-III Military Pro IBS, OP (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
JETBeam JET-III ST Pro IBS, OP (1xAW 18650 Li-Ion 2200mAh)
JETBeam JET-II Pro IBS, OP (1xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
JETBeam JET-I EX Pro IBS, SMO (2xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
JETBeam JET-I Pro IBS, OP (1xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2, SMO (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2, OP (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Olight T25 Regular, OP (2xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
Olight T25 Tactical, OP (2xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
Olight T20 Military, half OP + half SMO (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Olight T15, half OP + half SMO (1xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
Fenix TK11, SMO (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Fenix TK10, OP (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Fenix TK20, SMO (2xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
Fenix P3D Q5, OP (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Fenix P3D 100, OP (2xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Fenix P2D Q5, OP (1xAW R123 Li-Ion 750mAh)
Fenix L2D Q5, OP (2xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)
Fenix L1D Q5, OP (1xSanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh)

See and enjoy! You can in easy way compare the color of light, the sizes of spot, beam distances etc.
There you can find full archive with all photos (12.2Mb).

1. 10 meters.

2. 40 meters.

3. 100 meters.

4. 250 meters.

Last edited:

Sardaukar

Enlightened
Re: MANY REAL BEAMSHOTS of Surefire, Olight, JETBeam, Raidfire, Fenix, Zebralight.

Nice. What are you illuminating in the 250 meter pictures?

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened
Re: MANY REAL BEAMSHOTS of Surefire, Olight, JETBeam, Raidfire, Fenix, Zebralight.

As I remember it was white Audi auto. :)

loving light

Newly Enlightened

VERY nice photos,this must have taken along time,Thank you,if you would happen to have any incandecent lights that you happen to by mistake :naughty: to compare would you?(I know this is in led lights,but I can allways hope ;)).Thanks for your time,and welcome to CPF!

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened

VERY nice photos,this must have taken along time,Thank you,if you would happen to have any incandecent lights that you happen to by mistake :naughty: to compare would you?(I know this is in led lights,but I can allways hope ;)).Thanks for your time,and welcome to CPF!

Thank you very much. Yes, these tests took much time, you know. :)

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened

Quite an extensive list of beam shots you got there. Must have taken some time. Thanks for your efforts.

ZebraLight H30 :faint:

madi05

Enlightened

wow i can appreciate the work put in for this and now i am convinced the jet military is the way to go, so bugout should thank u as well as the nice review i read about it ,, thanks and kudos

madi05

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened

Awesome work, thanks for posting.

Bill

mdocod

Flashaholic

wow.... that would have taken some time to organize! Nice!

KeeperSD

Enlightened

Thanks for the hard work, you have definately spent some time on this. :twothumbs The shots at 40 and 100 metres show the characteristics of the lights nicely.

nohcho

Newly Enlightened

Wow, awesome job man, looks like Raidfire Spear is gonna be my next investment. See what you've done.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice work indeed. I would only suggest a poster of real people or 2 for reference in the photos, especially the closer ones. I can get a much better feel for beam intensities and total output in that partially torn down old building.

I think I am going to get the Olight M20 R2 Warrior. Would sure like to play with one first though, some people say the UI isn't that good.

:thumbsup: G

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast

BTW Megatorch, several of those lights are on my list for my next purchase.If you had to pick one of the longer throwers, which one would it be and why?

stanley.by

Newly Enlightened

Thanks a lot.
Nice photos!

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened

BTW Megatorch, several of those lights are on my list for my next purchase.If you had to pick one of the longer throwers, which one would it be and why?

Of course, the reflector should be smooth.

It could be:
Olight M20 Warrior - has good color of light for real beam throwing and small sizes.
JETBeam Jet-3 Ultra Pro IBS - has deep reflector and 3 modes which can be programmable like you wish.

If you would like the flashlights with bigger and larger sizes: instead of Raidfire Spear I would like Dereelight DBS V2.
Spear is not produced now, as I know, it has one strange thing with the possibility to change focus - can be broken in this way. You can ask more Dave from 4sevens.com about Spear model.

Of course, I could wait for new quality flashlights from brand names on market. But that can be bigger flashlights. :)

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice compilation!

It appears to me the O-Light M20 beam shots are identical between OP and SMO. Are you sure the reflector was changed? I experienced a significant differnce in diffusion with mine.

I long for the day O-Light uses a truly warm Cree (5A), instead of the greenish side of cool white. :poke::popcorn:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Megatorch,
First, great collection of lights! This might be the best and most usable collection of beamshots I have seen to date. Thanks for all the time you had to have invested in making this.

After carefully looking at all the beamshots, I am tempted to buy another e2dl, because I really like its wide hotspot at 10-40 meters. I am also impressed and will be using my Olight T20M more for its bright spill.

While I really like my M20, I have been disapointed by its off center ring around the hotspot. Looking at your pictures, I see that a number of lights (including the Fenix TK11 that I have been thinking about buying) can have this issue. Your review has made me less irrated by it.

Finally, I realize that about 100 yards (maybe a little more) is the outside limit of usefullness of most of my lights. I do have a Spear, and I like it better than all my other lights for anything even over 50 yards.

Thanks again for showing what the current lights will/will not do well. Again, this is a fantastic review and your work is really appreciated.