Tea Lights

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Was in Brookstone today and found some new lights- Tea lights. Showed them to my wife at the store and she actually liked them. They come 4 to the box with a charging base that has 4 spaces, each with a red LED that goes out when fully charged. There's actually 2 LEDs in each that flicker and look pretty good. Tried them in some decorative lanterns and the boss approved. In the store the display said 8 hr. runtime. The instructions said 6 hrs. After the first charge-up reality was 2 hrs. til I noticed dimming. Maybe it will improve some. The price was $20, marked down from $40. Something to consider if you need another present for the wife, girlfriend, or both. :naughty:

SN853180.jpg

Geoff

MaxIcon

Newly Enlightened
I've been seeing these around lately, mostly at restaurants and such. We went to a comedy club the other night, and I went to warm my hands at the tea light, but there was no heat... On the bottom of the light, it said (in illegibly small letters) "Do not steal! Charger required!"

They also use them in the tip buckets at a heavy metal concert venue I go to with my son, and the bar lady had some amusing stories about them - people would throw some bills in for the tip, suddenly think they had thrown their money on top of a candle, and try to grab it back out quickly!

They're pretty effective for low level mood lighting like that, but I imagine the quality of the batteries depends a lot on who made them. At both the places above, the lights were still humming along after 4-5 hours.