Please help a noob choose a good light

BJE

Newly Enlightened
I carry lights daily and really like them, but I am not as up to date as I need to be in order to chose a new one. I really like my AA LED Maglight, it is pretty bright, easliy replaceable, uses cheap batteries, tough, and comes with a belt holster.

I am looking for something similar. It needs to either have decent runtime with easy to find batteries (like AA's), or it needs to be rechargeable.

I need to keep it around $50 or less for now (unless it is a rechargeable that would be the end all of flashlights)

I need to have a way to carry it on my belt, holster preffered.

It has to be bright, it doesn't have to mimic the sun, but I like a strong beam that is similar to my P2D. Brighter is better for me, but I don't want to replace batteries once a week.

I like them about the size of a AA Mag or bigger, but small enough to wear on my belt without getting wierd looks.

Given those prefferences, what would you suggest for me? I know it has probably been asked a hundred times but I need a little help. Thanks in advance.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L2T v2.0

Fenix L2D (this is really a P2D using 2AA batteries) or just get a L2D 2xAA Black Spare Body and Tailcap for your P2D.

Don't forget your 8% CPF discount.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
About the size of an AA mag or bigger? I'll be a bit less predictable today and suggest a look at some of the Olights. :) My T25 is slightly bigger than an AA mag, and rated 190 lumens. It's well made, and in the same price range as Fenix and Nitecore.