Double Oven Trouble

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thought I'd take a chance that someone here has expertise in appliance repair. Yesterday our Whirlpool double oven started acting flakey. The display would fade in and out, multiple beeps might occur, and a code (E6 F2) eventually shows up. It appears that power is never lost, at least not completely. I intentionally cut the power for a few hours today. The code popped up once, but now it's been heating fine for awhile. I don't think it's healed, though. I'd appreciate any thoughts. My wife's getting antsy about not having her oven. Thanks.

Geoff

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks a ton, Greg. From those links I should be able to puzzle this one out. It looks like this is fairly common problem. The oven has actually worked twice more today without a hitch, but I probably should do some contact cleaning. I told my wife someone from CPF would be able to help.

Geoff

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Got the oven opened up, thanks to those links, Greg. There were about seven connections on the back of the control board. Cleaned them all and I'm still holding my breath. Apparently the cost of replacing that board is somewhere around $500. Give me a break. I think there's a conspiracy. There seems to be a rule that repairs to major appliances will always cost a minimum of one-third the cost of replacement of that appliance.

Geoff

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
So far, the oven still is working with no more error codes. The "F2 E6" did show up a couple times that day after cleaning all the contacts, but since then all has been good. I wonder if it makes any sense that it took a few hours for the contacts to "settle in/burn in"? I'll keep my fingers crossed and have told my wife not to slam the oven door.

Geoff

danielo_d

Enlightened
This forum is awesome! [but we knew that ages ago, right?]
I'm bookmarking those links as we have a whirlpool double oven.
[We just got it, but it's good to be prepared, right?]
Good luck Turtle. Hope it works out.

Danielo

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I ordeal is finally over. Finally gave up on the control board. Got a friend to resolder the loose contacts, but no go. Ordered a new part on Jan. 7, and it took til yesterday to get it. I managed to get it in today without breaking it. All seems well, and my wife is happy. The wallet is $225 lighter.

Geoff