Just more questions

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read this section with half eye to upgrade. the 161 announcement is exciting. But haven't seen the below questions addressed yet.

1. Everyone here talks about Cree. What advances in Rebel 100. When is the Rebel 150 coming? http://www.luxeonstar.com/endor-rebel-cool-white-triemitter-285-lumens-700ma-p-177.php excited, thinking 3.6 volt, but no 700 milliamp at 9 volts isn't too exciting.

2. Also, hot tight can we get a mce or p7 beam? Couldn't artifacts be cancelled out with a duel head (like stenlight) and differing column angles. How is the color rendering and reflector tech coming on these (I prefer smooth reflectors, seem to have less loss, and I prefer detail vision over periphery. Also two mce's, wired in parallel with r2, will give 150 lumens at 1 watt--and with good tight reflector in one, I will just have to upgrade all my lights.)

3. Also, by looking at a flashlight in store package, is there a way to tell how tight the beam will be? I assume a deep and big reflector will be tighter. But colman rated the 2 aa as wider beam than the 3 AA, while the reflector seem wider on the 3 AA.