spiderfire x-o3 with r2 cree

raisedbybrocks

Newly Enlightened
Hello all am new to led's have just bought one of the above on the bay for use with an airgun, am very impressed as it is much brighter than I expected can see target and cross hairs through to 80 yards, so I can see clearly behind my target. A couple of questions are these torches regulated in any way, also can I use cr123 rechargables with the torch.:grin2:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I just missed a link to it but check the specs . somewhere the input voltage is stated...
2xRCR123 are 8.4volt (4.2 each) see how many you can use...

but buy QUALITY PROTECTED ones

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had a look at the Spiderfire site ..... your torch is 6V only
put rechargeables in it and :poof:

raisedbybrocks

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advise guys, have been reading up a bit on here and it has the r2cree drop in, it is a single mode unit. On the DX site that drop in has a range up to 12V:) Whether it is exactly the the same or not, who knows. It doesn't appear to be regulated as the brightness drops off, will do some more tests when more batteries arrive.:candle: Also been reading about the derelight dropin for use with the 17*** battery. Nice to know I can upgrade in time. Thanks.:D

raisedbybrocks

Newly Enlightened
Here's my review so far on the AAOC, will update as I get more info. Feel free to correct me if I have got anything wrong on there, all advise appreciated. I now know there are better places to buy than e-bay:shakehead and the trustfire is the same brand. Learning allot on here so thanks. Sorry easier to put this link on, I'm a lazy bones.:D
http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12159

robert16

Newly Enlightened
hello raisedbybrocks,
are you still using the spiderfire ? how is it
im looking for something similiar to use on my rapid getting out to say 80mtr .
cheers
rob