• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Not FS: My DIY Green Laser Build! - Nice Host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayrob

Enlightened
This is available as a 'DIY Green Kit' without the battery or module! - $80 dollars shipped.

No longer selling these complete builds... Please read this:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231511226/0

I've got a new Green build!...

It's a nice sized green build that uses a very nice host! Looks like a mini RPL!
cool.gif

Here's the host:
https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15687

The green modules are here for the specs on them:
50mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=882
100mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=909
150mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=886

G1.jpg

Kgreen4.jpg

G11.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

(charger not included)
G5.jpg

G6.jpg

These 50mW and 100mW Standstone11 green modules are not IR filtered. But I have some IR filters, and the difference in the measurement is only about 10mW's or less with the IR filter (50mW module). And about 20mW's or less with the 100mW module.

These modules don't seem to have that 'slow climb' in power like the cheap DX greenies, the 50mW ones start out, at or above 40mW's and climb to over 50mW's with in 10 seconds in normal room temperature!
smiley.gif
The 100mW modules are overpowered as well!

As you can see from the pictures, the host is very nice, and has a mini RPL look to it!
cheesy.gif
Very nice clicky button as well.

You can compare these green modules (price wise) to a diode, because the cost for the module alone, is only $28 bucks. plus shipping. (50mW)

If the module ever goes bad, I will rebuild at no charge. You just pay for parts and shipping.

(50mW Beam shots - with some smoke) - A 50mW green beam will look like this at night, or in the dark!
cheesy.gif

G7.jpg

G8.jpg

For DIY: This first post can be used as a tutorial!
smiley.gif

It is a very easy assembly, if you have the key parts.

Note: We must first make sure the module you have is the exact same size as what I have the parts fit for...

The build is based on these module dimensions: (.469in. X 2.479in., or 11.9mm X 62.7mm) The length measurements are from the spring to the front of the brass module.

I can make the front piece that will slide on the front of the module (if your module is the same size as mine - just measure your module first) And the heatsink that goes at the bottom, right at the pump diode.

For the build, it's just a matter of positioning the module at the correct distance, so that the front piece can slide in, and the final retaining ring can screw on, to hold it in place.

There is one thing, the threaded piece that I have the set screw in (see note in picture), is a piece that comes with the host. It needs to be drilled out precisely centered (on the lathe) and fit with a small set screw for the module. This is the positive contact point...

If you can do this part, then all you need is the front custom piece, and the heatsink. I will sell these pieces for $44 dollars plus $3 dollars shipping and handling for the pair. If your are buying the two pieces, you can send me the threaded piece, and I will drill this out and put a set screw in it for no charge.

A couple of more pointers if you are going to DIY...

G9.jpg

I'm showing this picture just to point out that you may need to cut the spring on the tail cap a little shorter and use some needle nose pliers to re-shape the battery contact tip of the spring. (easy to do) This kind of thing is pretty normal for many DIY flashlight/laser mods.

G10.jpg

This is an easy way to take up the extra space in the barrel so that your battery doesn't 'rattle'. Since the host is fit for an 18650, the RCR123 fit is loose. Just put a piece of the foam type double sided tape on the battery, and leave the protective part on the top side of the tape!

By the way, this is a great host for a blu-ray or a red mod using an 18650 supply!
wink.gif

Jay

My Key Chain Laser Build - Must See!:
wink.gif

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2768679#post2768679

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Re: FS: My DIY Green Laser Build! - Nice Host!

Gary, I got your 100mW green build ready to ship out on Monday!

Gary Beard 12-22-08.jpg

Nice module!:cool: It peaked at over 120mW's with-in the first 30 seconds. After it warmed up (45seconds), it settled at right around 100mW's. Fluctuating between 96mW's and 102mW's. This kind of fluctuation is normal with green modules.

Anyway, I marked it at it's 'settled', average output - 100mWs'

One other thing.... It has a very tight, thin beam. On my 3' match light test, it lit the match instantly! :) (black tipped)

Let me know when you get it!
Jay

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

very cleaver

Raybo

Enlightened

I have one of Jay's (red laser) builds and it's professional in every way, these are leaps and bounds better than any OEM laser.

Laser.jpg

pertinax

Enlightened

Is this one focusable? I'd like another 100 mW greenie, but the other I have is not focusable, and thus bad at doing tricks.

jayrob

Enlightened

The one pictured above from Ray is focusable. (thanks Ray):) All of my red and blu-ray builds are focusable...

But not the green builds. Green modules are much more complex. They start out as 808nm IR and go through a series of crystals to change the output wavelength to 532nm green. Depending on the quality of the pump diode, and the crystals... plus how well everything is aligned, makes the difference in power and beam divergence. The tighter the beam, the better a green will burn.

I have found that most of these 100mW green modules that I am using for these green builds are over powered and have a very thin beam. The ones that hit 120mW's are instant match lighters. (3' test - black tipped match) I could pick you out one like that if you want...
Jay

Ferry

Newly Enlightened

I'll take that! :cool:

So, PP total is $190 + shipping (same as previous order?)

Thanks,
FF

I have found that most of these 100mW green modules that I am using for these green builds are over powered and have a very thin beam. The ones that hit 120mW's are instant match lighters. (3' test - black tipped match) I could pick you out one like that if you want...
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened

nfetterly, your 50mW build will be in tomorrow's mail! (Friday's)

Neale%20Fetterly%201-2-09.jpg

I made sure your module has a nice tight beam. It comes on strong immediately at over 50mW's (room temp.) Peaked at 58mW's in 1 minute. I marked it at the average... 55mW's.

Instruction sheet and safety recommendations included. Please let me know when you get it!
Jay

P.S. Ferry, the tracking for the 100mW modules tells me that they are in the U.S. now. I expect them very soon! I will keep you informed...

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened

Hey up for grabs at a small discount is this build with a 100mW module...

It peaks at 117mW's (30sec.) and then starts to drop. Although it drops to 85mW's (1min), it is a very nice module. Because it is very stable in that area. I left it on for a 2 minute test. The last minute, it fluctuated between 85mW's and 90mW's. It was still at 85mW's at the end of the 2 minute test... :D

discount%20green.jpg

Includes dust cap, marble, and a 3.6 volt rechargeable battery. (charger not included) This build has good heatsinking for the module. (see pictures at the top of the thread)

$180 plus shipping.
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened

Cowley, I didn't want to let go of my personal build. Because is was one of the nicer over powered 100mW modules...

Britt%20King%2012-31-08.jpg

...But since you bought two different builds at once! Well... I guess you twisted my arm a little.:D

It's a nice 120mW greenie. Peaks over 150mW's!
Jay

Cowley

Newly Enlightened

I received my green and blue-ray in fine shape. All I can say is WOW, these two just kill everything else I own in comparison. I haven't had a chance to check the burn capabilities yet, but will post when I get a chance.

Jay's attention to detail and build are great, but even though his lasers are top notch, his service before and after the sale are incomparable.

Thanks Jay, I'll report additional comments when I get a chance to run them some more.

jayrob

Enlightened

I received my green and blue-ray in fine shape. All I can say is WOW, these two just kill everything else I own in comparison. I haven't had a chance to check the burn capabilities yet, but will post when I get a chance.

Jay's attention to detail and build are great, but even though his lasers are top notch, his service before and after the sale are incomparable.

Thanks Jay, I'll report additional comments when I get a chance to run them some more.

Thanks for those fine words of yours! Nice testimonial...
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.