• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Milky Defender "CREEmator" HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist! All Sold!

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS Milky Defender "CREEmator" HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist! All Sold!

FOR SALE - (0) Milky Defender CREEmators with all the usual amenities, plus a few special touches (more on those below). The Milky CREEmators consist of SureFire Defender heads with CreeXRE emitter (Q5 bin presumed), focusable TIR optic, AcornHC 1.3 drivers with the latest 'Bailey' firmware... mounted on E1B body with E1B tactical clicky, all pieces hard anodized black and brand new from SureFire prior to building.

None Left....

These were just received from Scott.

Cost for each is $285 plus shipping, first "I'll take it!" in this thread prevails.

PM me for PayPal info.

Shipping to USA uninsured costs $5.
Shipping to USA with insurance costs a total of $12.
Shipping internationally costs $29 via EMS with tracking and up to $100 insurance coverage.

Note for international customers: I need to declare the same value for Customs that I do for insurance... please keep this in mind and tell me how much to declare as the value of your package. Up to $100 insurance coverage can be included in your shipment at no extra charge, more insurance would cost you additional, Please let me know if you wish that.

creematortrio.jpg

The CREEmator combines exceptionally long throw, variable output, high efficiency, and flexible power source (one rechargeable or two primaries) into a small, pocketable package.

303 Lumens. What's different about these from the typical CREEmator? For one thing, the drive current on these boards is set at 1.3 Amps (1300mA) instead of the more typical 867mA... driven at full power, the increased output current should lead to overall output in the vicinity of 303 Lumens. It's worth noting that an RCR123 rechargeable is probably too small a power source to push these lights to the limit, though it will still perform well... a larger rechargeable (17670 and 18650 come to mind) stands a better chance... 2x123 primaries would work nicely, too... the heads can of course be moved onto 2x123 bodies if you have that inclination.

taleofthetape.jpg

The 'Bailey' firmware itself brings some amenities as well...

QuickDraw. Bailey firmware has significantly faster response time than earlier revisions, so the driver will recognize even very rapid keystrokes where prior firmware would not do so reliably... those with a fast touch, this is the firmware for you!

Failsafe. The firmware is designed with an additional layer of stability, ensuring the light will always power-up in a reasonable operating state even in the event of corrupted Flash memory, microcontroller crash, etc.

...and last but not least...

Miser Mode. Some people want the brightest-possible CREEmator. Others want something with exceptional runtime. Miser Mode gives them both: the user can switch into Miser Mode within seconds... the light retains all normal functionality but recalibrates each output level to what the human eye perceives as roughly 50% normal brightness for that level, while increasing the runtimes severalfold (typical example: max 42m becomes 3h53m)... then just as easily, the user can switch back to a regular CREEmator. (40+ taps engages, another 40+ taps disengages. No need to count, just watch the output become markedly brighter or dimmer while tapping. It's easy.)

There are any number of scenarios where Miser Mode proves useful. Activate it to take your light on a weekend camping trip or a weeklong canoe excursion, then switch back when you return... activate it during a power outage to conserve your light's energy, and switch back once power is restored. I like to engage Miser Mode when using my light inside the house at night, then switch back for outdoor activities such as a night hike. Miser Mode is there when you need it without getting in the way.

Miser Mode turns the CREEmator into two lights in one. These CREEmators are the first (along with a couple recent "Special Reserve" lights) to include this capability.

creematorside.jpg

creematorled.jpg

Beyond this, the lights have the usual minor touches, too, including silicone o-rings under the bezel for long service life and a good weatherproof seal... Krytox and/or a nanoparticle lubricant applied where appropriate... silicone shock-mounting for the Acorn board inside the light... teflon-jacketed multi-strand silver-on-copper wire... and the usual descriptive label, including primary specifications, usable battery configurations, and the like.

The E1B body has the latest SureFire S-bend clip for both head-up and -down carry, and the tailswitch contains the latest generation of SureFire clicky guts for a smooth, positive action.

The SureFire TIR optic does an excellent job in focusing the beam from the Cree, generating a circular spot with small amount of sidespill., and the focusability of the CREEmator lets one tailor the beam to both short- and long-range targets, or defocus enough to increase sidespill. The bezel is also completely removable for using the light in pure flood mode... the head won't be weatherproof with bezel removed, of course, but will otherwise work fine.

These lights are ready to ship immediately. Enjoy!

Last edited:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Milky Defender CREEmator 3 x HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist!

wow great lights!

s4biturbo

Newly Enlightened

pm inbound!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one. (#A12220)

Thanks,

Paul
:takeit:
:paypal:

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

#A12220 is Sold.

Two left.....

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Milky Defender CREEmator 2 x HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist!

All PMs answered.

Two Creemators left....

wbp

Enlightened

303 Lumens. What's different about these from the typical CREEmator? For one thing, the drive current on these boards is set at 1.3 Amps (1300mA) instead of the more typical 867mA... driven at full power, the increased output current should lead to overall output in the vicinity of 303 Lumens. It's worth noting that an RCR123 rechargeable is probably too small a power source to push these lights to the limit, though it will still perform well... a larger rechargeable (17670 and 18650 come to mind) stands a better chance... 2x123 primaries would work nicely, too... the heads can of

These are great lights, but I do not believe you will get 300 lumens using the E1B body, even with an RCR123 at 3.7 volts. To get that much current with this driver you would need two CR123A primaries.

William

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are great lights, but I do not believe you will get 300 lumens using the E1B body, even with an RCR123 at 3.7 volts. To get that much current with this driver you would need two CR123A primaries.

William

William,

To quote Milkyspit,

"The CREEmator combines exceptionally long throw, variable output, high efficiency, and flexible power source (one rechargeable or two primaries) into a small, pocketable package.

303 Lumens. What's different about these from the typical CREEmator? For one thing, the drive current on these boards is set at 1.3 Amps (1300mA) instead of the more typical 867mA... driven at full power, the increased output current should lead to overall output in the vicinity of 303 Lumens. It's worth noting that an RCR123 rechargeable is probably too small a power source to push these lights to the limit, though it will still perform well... a larger rechargeable (17670 and 18650 come to mind) stands a better chance... 2x123 primaries would work nicely, too... the heads can of course be moved onto 2x123 bodies if you have that inclination".

Thanks,

Robert

wbp

Enlightened

I have a Creemator that is set for 1.3 amps as well, and with 2 CR123's it does output 300 lumens. But unless Scott has changed the Acorn driver significantly, it won't do that with a single cell. I asked him some time ago about this.

I'll be happy to be wrong, because that would mean I could send mine to him and get it changed, or do the mod myself.

William

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks....

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Milky Defender "CREEmator" HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist! All Sold

PayPal sent.

I admit I have a problem.

Why else would I need three of these?

Hopefully the fact that you have three is a testament to how much you like these. This will be my first Creemator and am hoping to be impressed.
:D

s4biturbo

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS Milky Defender "CREEmator" HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist! All Sold

:awman:

Mark, if in the future you decide you no longer need three of these i would most happily take one of them off your hands.

thx

-Todd

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lucky you. I am still waiting on mine to arrive.
:sick:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a Creemator that is set for 1.3 amps as well, and with 2 CR123's it does output 300 lumens. But unless Scott has changed the Acorn driver significantly, it won't do that with a single cell. I asked him some time ago about this.

I'll be happy to be wrong, because that would mean I could send mine to him and get it changed, or do the mod myself.

William

WBP, I probably should find a better place to post this reply than in Cgps's completed sales thread, but saw your post on the output issue and wanted to reply. Short answer: how close to 303 lumens one comes on one rechargeable depends more on the voltage requirement of the LED (Vf) than on anything else. I've seen cases where the LED does indeed approach and even reach the full 303 lumens... that said, in most cases this will NOT happen as Cree emitters having high enough flux and low enough Vf are very uncommon. Given 100 Cree XRE emitters, I'd expect maybe 2 of them to meet those requirements. For the remainder, the Creemator is still bright! But it won't be at its full potential output. I estimate that in most cases one rechargeable with a fresh charge ought to generate 220-250 lumens or so... and you're right, 2x123 primaries most definitely will deliver the full 303 lumen potential of the light. (As an aside, some Creemators do better than 303 lumens on 2x123 primaries.)

As to why the Creemator is designed this way? At first I was driving all Creemators at 867mA max output current... most Cree XRE are able to do that even with a single RCR123 rechargeable... but that's in essence designing to the lowest common denominator, meaning the light won't do any better on a more capable power source even though the emitter and driver could easily do so. At some point I changed design philosophy to target the full potential of the light, while providing for graceful degradation on a lesser power source; in other words, with 2x123 primaries the Creemator in its current design delivers significantly more output than the older builds had... and on RCR123 or similar, the Creemator is still arguably as bright as the older build even though it's not running at its full potential.

Hope I haven't made things more murky with this description! If so, give me a holler and I'll try again.
:sigh:

Incidentally, I would recommend the new AW branded IMR16340 rechargeables for single cell usage... they seem to deliver a higher voltage for longer (less prone to sag), meaning additional brightness out of your Creemator in that configuration. The driver itself has a measure of overdischarge protection built in, so no worries there.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts